Worried - husband with low Kruger score

Longing2BMama

Reaction score
My husband and I have been TTC now for almost 2 years. Recently saw fertility doctor, and my husband's semen analysis is a 0% morphology (Kruger score). I am stressing out and driving myself crazy worrying about what this might mean. Just reaching out to anyone that may have been in a similar situation and might have encouragement/comforting words to offer. Thank you in advance.

Hey there, I can't say I'm in the same position, my husbands morphology was 10%. BUT I did do a bit of reading on the topic (because I'm a worrier and we have unexplained infertility so I've researched a little bit of every thing) and found that morphology below 4% normal forms can make it more difficult to get pregnant, but not impossible. To be honest, researchers/docs just don't know how much of an impact morphology has. The degree of fragmentation within the dna of the sperm would be a better indicator of fertility. I would say keep doing what you're doing! Keep trying! If you have already tried IUI and it hasn't worked then IVF with ICSI might be a good option for you! 0% morphology is not insurmountable!

You can also look into male supplementation before that point (although I'm honestly not sure how effective it is). Get him on coq10 400mg at a minimum and reduce/eliminate some of those poor lifestyle choices (alcohol, smoking, baths, etc.).

There is a good chance that you'll get to where you want to be! It will just be a longer road than most have to take.

Basically everything pp said! The importance of morphology in ttc is still debated in the medical community. He can get a referral to a urologist for some additional input. Definitely start with some supplements and lifestyle changes and have him retake the test 3 months after said changes are made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->