worried i will get one of these!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by magicbubble, Jun 5, 2011.

1. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

watching supernanny and wants to know how or why or where children in the first place learn to follow their parents around the room in a temper, pretending/trying to kick them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh second episode has just started - seriously - how do these children learn such disrespectuful behaviour? spitting, headbutting, swearing at their parents etc.

2. alasia

alasia Well-Known Member

People will prob say it's bad parenting or whatever but personally, I think it's just in children to do these things out of sheer temper once in a while.

I have a 2 yr old and a 3yr old that have never seen me swear, bite, spit or anything like that; yet now and again my youngest spits as she knows it gets a reaction. Same goes for squealing/temper tantrums.

Little ones just find it sooo hard to contain their anger and part of parenting is learning to work out what behaviour to discipline and what to 'ignore' as it's just a normal part of their development. It's a tough one to work out.

3. Cabbage

Cabbage Expecting Identical Twins

I think the key is to show them who's boss and NEVER let them push the boundaries!

4. Weeplin

Weeplin Proud mummy :)

Nip it in the bud! I've never had any of the problems these families have with my 2 just on the fact that the minute they even went there when they were little I nipped it in the bud. You make it clear it's unacceptable from the very beginning and you won't have these problems.

5. Cabbage

I wish this would work with my OH

6. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

you should have had him since he was little cabbage :haha:

7. Cabbage

hahaha... I'll blame his Mother

8. RedString

RedString Well-Known Member

thats what i do, :haha: