Worried I won't have everything I need by the time baby comes

Eniala

Reaction score
I am having a baby shower in about a month, so hopefully after that I'll feel a little less stressed, but I can't help but think what if the important or expensive items on my registry aren't bought? We have great support from family, but my mom and my MIL have already bought some big items for baby.

The thing is, my car died not long ago, so we had to get another one that's reliable for baby, so we are adding a car payment. We also are in the process of buying a house since the house we're in is in a terrible neighborhood, we've even had bullets fly through our dining room one night about 10 minutes after my hubby walked by there to go upstairs! It's scary so we need to get out of there before baby. Plus, I won't be getting any paid leave from work, so adding a mortgage and a car payment plus me not getting a paycheck is financially stressful.

I'm worried that we won't get everything we need for the baby by the tie he's here :/

I am feeling the exact same way, I dot want to buy a lot before the shower, but I feel so unprepared.
Good luck!

We don't even have baby showers in the UK and once you get past your first or second baby the number of spontaneous gifts really diminishes. I really wouldn't worry at all. We are cutting it quite fine I am 35 weeks and we only have half the stuff we need but I am trying to think logically and get the items with the most priority first and then anything we didn't manage to get but we don't need right away like the footmuff for the stroller for example, we can get another time xx

oh hun you dont need much for babe:) if youre planning to bf you dont need any equipment for that, a change table is unnessessary, i woyld say diapers, a few sleepers, a bouncy chair, whuch you can get for$20, some blankets, a place for babe to sleep. what else is there? if youre planning to co sleep even better as you dont need to worry about a crib right away:) good luck and hope you get everything you need at your shower:)

Just what Meli said, you would be surprised how many things I thought I had to have for my first and then found I never used them. For example don't waste money on a diaper genie, a wipe warmer, shoes for baby, I found I never used any of them. Plus my babies lived in sleepers because they slept all day. I only needed maybe 7 cute outfits for when we went out.

I know that we probably won't get everything that we need. Do you have any local consignment shops where you can get some of the things that you still need second hand? Most shops around here the items are in fantastic condition, and you save so much by not always buying new.

My little girl is three weeks old and when I was pg I was making sure I had EVERYTHING - plenty of clothes, nappies, wipes, bottles ect. But after a couple of weeks you will be dying to get out the house!!! So you really don't need to worry if you don't quite have everything yet because you can still go out once they are here and you have plenty of time to spoil them with the not-so-important-stuff. Just make sure you have the essentials such as bottles, steriliser (even if planning on bf, just incase) and nappies/wipes/cotton wool ect to last you a few weeks. They only need 5 or 6 sleep suits and vests, a couple of pairs of socks and maybe an outfit or two. Mine never used scratch mittens and she is too small for shoes or anything like that. You probably only need a couple of blankets too, we have LOADS but only use about 3 of them. So try not to worry too much!!

I hope you manage to move soon, must be awful feeling unsafe at home. I wish you all the best xx

Thanks girls <3 Makes me feel a bit better. I just hope we can get moved, have my shower, and get everything put away in time. This is my first so I just feel like I need everything just perfect

I am having a baby shower in about a month, so hopefully after that I'll feel a little less stressed, but I can't help but think what if the important or expensive items on my registry aren't bought? We have great support from family, but my mom and my MIL have already bought some big items for baby.

The thing is, my car died not long ago, so we had to get another one that's reliable for baby, so we are adding a car payment. We also are in the process of buying a house since the house we're in is in a terrible neighborhood, we've even had bullets fly through our dining room one night about 10 minutes after my hubby walked by there to go upstairs! It's scary so we need to get out of there before baby. Plus, I won't be getting any paid leave from work, so adding a mortgage and a car payment plus me not getting a paycheck is financially stressful.

I'm worried that we won't get everything we need for the baby by the tie he's here :/

Wow, how stressful! We are in the same sort of situation. We just found out my boyfriend got a job that he applied for months ago, and it requires moving 2 hours away. So we have no idea how we are going to be able to afford moving. And our car is really messed up and we need to find a new one in order to safely transport baby!

I have almost no gear, and I'm worried about not getting the big things at my baby shower: crib, cloth diapers (i really want to try them), car seat, stroller, etc. I'm super stressed out!

I was worried too, we had a shower at 35 weeks and didn't buy anything before. We didn't get every big item, but we were able to return a lot of things (like clothes, etc) and buy the rest of the things we needed. The only thing we ended up having to spend or own money on was cloth diapers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->