Worried I'm not Ovulating...

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm on day 16 of a 27-29 day cycle (on average). I've been trying OPKs this month to get a better idea of when I actually ovulate. I've been doing them every afternoon for the past 4 days (haven't yet done today's) and its never positive but I have gotten faint lines on some of them. Is it still too early? Last month my period was a tad late...came on day 31 with dark brown spotting that lasted a few hours and then very heavy bleeding for 2 days then spotting, mild to zero cramps though. The flow was not typical for me but all of my periods in the past prior to last months are very similar in all ways. I think I'm just paranoid that something is wrong, and I'm going for a long overdue checkup at the gyno this week. I've also just started exercising/strength training with a personal trainer (in my 4th week I think). Maybe that is affecting my ovulation?

I never got a positive OPK ever! I was really worried when we were trying for our first baby. I did an OPK from day 10 to day 20 of a 28 day cycle, sometimes twice a day and I never got a positive result but I think I must have got pregnant about day 14 or 15. I couldn't believe it when I got a positive pregnancy test a few weeks later. So I don't think OPK's are all they are cracked up to be because I was clearly ovulating even although I only got negative results. Good luck x

That makes me feel better! I just did another one this afternoon and not even a faint line showed up. I know they say you can get a period without ovulating but my cycle is so regular and really not that awful that I can't see how anything could be wrong. For what its worth, I have been using dollar store brand OPKs. I may ask at the doctor when I go Thursday....she may even be able to tell since this is around the time I should be ovulating lol.

Hi everyone,

I'm on day 16 of a 27-29 day cycle (on average). I've been trying OPKs this month to get a better idea of when I actually ovulate. I've been doing them every afternoon for the past 4 days (haven't yet done today's) and its never positive but I have gotten faint lines on some of them. Is it still too early? Last month my period was a tad late...came on day 31 with dark brown spotting that lasted a few hours and then very heavy bleeding for 2 days then spotting, mild to zero cramps though. The flow was not typical for me but all of my periods in the past prior to last months are very similar in all ways. I think I'm just paranoid that something is wrong, and I'm going for a long overdue checkup at the gyno this week. I've also just started exercising/strength training with a personal trainer (in my 4th week I think). Maybe that is affecting my ovulation?

Hello- My cycle is also about 27-29 days and i have the opposite problem from you. I test and get positive between CD12-CD13 but it's usually positive for 2 days sometimes more days which makes it even harder to track. It says that you ovulate 12-36 hours after your positive surge but i never know which one to go off of the first positive or the last. I use the clear blue digital with smiley face. I do check the lines after i get the smiley to be sure it's just as dark as the test line and it is and when it isn't a smiley face i look at the lines and it's correct for a negative so i'm sure it's detecting the surge it's just weird that i have mine longer than some. But i've just started BD every other day from CD8 to CD18 or 20. I also BD the first day of positive and the next day and sometimes the day after so it's more like every other day except three days during the positives when i BD all those days lol. I have a fertility appointment next week i've been TTC for 2 1/2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->