Worried innapropriate behaviour

08marchbean

Reaction score
I think I just need some options here. Basically I have had the PANTS talk with dd (5) about good and bad secrets and strangers ect.
Anyway this morning she told me she was playing with "child A" he was telling her to unbutton her clothes. And she said no and he kept telling her to. They were playing and every time they got back to the same place (I assume a quiet area) he would say it again.

Is this normal? I feel like it's innarpeopriate as she's saying no. Yes kids are curious about bodies etc but I just don't feel right about this. Am I over reacting? What if he stops asking and just does it?!

I'm going to make an assumption you mean in school, I would have a word with school. It is quite normal for children to be curious and explore things, but, it's not normal for a child to try and force the issue so to speak.

Yes it's a child from school
I really quickly mentioned it to her teacher this Morning as they are going I a trip today I didn't feel comfortable sending her without mentioning it. To be honest I would have preferred to have a proper conversation about it but I needed to say something.
I think I'll follow it up tomorow and see what they have to Say.
I don't want to make a massive deal of it but there is just something telling me it's not right

I had friends like this when I was little. I think it's normal to a point, but she's clearly not comfortable with it so I'd definitely push it with the school.

My daughter had similar with one boy asking her to pull her pants down and show her bum. I mentioned it to school and it stopped. The boy in question is a bit different and I think it was as innocent as bums r funny when ur 6. It was stopped within a couple of weeks

What worries me is the fact he kept pestering her when she was saying no. And she obviously thought it was wrong enough to keep it a secret and has come out after a conversation we had using the PANTS talk. She told me it made her feel bad. So I'm on defensive that she's being made to feel bad for not unbuttoning her clothes for a boy!

I think you've done the right thing speaking to the school, hopefully they'll address it and it won't happen again :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->