Worried I've given my 7 month old a cold sore

BroodyTeacher

Reaction score
Yesterday morning I let my little girl have some of my yogurt and shared a spoon with her, not long after I noticed a cold sore coming up!!! I know cold sores are extreamily dangerous for newborns but what about a 7 month old? I'm still breastfeeding so hopefully the antibodies from that will help a little but I'm so worried and feel so stupud!

My five-month-old has ended up with a cold sore from me! :( Ive also been breastfeeding so I've been very unlucky! He's been okay with it, it's not the same as a newborn being exposed. If you've had the virus yourself then baby usually has antibodies from the womb that protect them for the first six months of life (although this wasn't enough in my case!). I'm not going to sweat it too much though, around 90% of the population end up with the virus soo the odds were it was going to happen at some point.

Thanks for your reply! Glad to hear that your little one is ok with it, I agree I'm not actually that worried that she's going to have coldsores as she'll probably get them at some point anyway just didn't want her getting reeeeeally ill or anything. Nothings shown up yet through but still keeping a close eye xx

I wouldn't worry. It really is only when they're very little that it can be dangerous. At that age, especially because you're BF, it should be fine. Usually it's something they pick up anyway once they start going to nursery and then school, I know my daughter has, so they'll get it eventually anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->