Worried - Progesterone is Lower than Previous Test Although Still in Normal Range

ksquared726

Expecting #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies. I'm anxiously waiting to hear back from my doctor. I was taking Vitex when ttc and then weaned off the week I got my bfp. With my first pregnancy that ended in MMC, my doc had me stop Vitex and take the progesterone suppositories. I never had any blood tests. However, I think taking the progesterone prolonged the pregnancy that was ending. This time around, I didn't want to take progesterone unless I had to.

I had a progesterone test Dec. 18 when I was 16dpo and it was 21.4, nice and high. The day prior I had taken my last dose of Vitex. 10 days later on Monday the 28th, my progesterone was only 16.7. However they also tested my hcg and it was 19331, which seems good and high for 5+5.i don't know if it's been doubling though because I've only had the one test. It's probably not good that the progesterone level went down though, right? Even though it's still within normal range? Thinking it's because on my first test I still had Vitex in my system. I've read that progesterone can fluctuate throughout the day, but then also that it should be rising until it plateaus. Both tests I took after work around the same time of day. I'm terrified of miscarrying again. Waiting to hear back from my doctor, but I'm thinking I'll have to go on the progesterone suppositories to make sure I have enough. Although I'm also worried that this indicates that the pregnancy isn't going to be ok. Anyone else have fluctuating progesterone levels?

My first scan is Jan. 8. Doesn't help that I had a dream last night that I started a heavy bright red bleed and seemed to be miscarrying. Stupid brain! I hate this worry!!

So my doc said to start the progesterone and that if I have any spotting to call and she'll see me sooner than Jan. 8. She also said congrats and happy new year, which was nice because she's not usually warm in her emails. So hopefully that means she thinks everything will be ok and I just need the suppositories.

Hoping someone else has had a similar experience and everything ended up being ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->