• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worried sick! Need my BNB girlies.

17pregnant

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Today I had one of those days, where everything just runs through my head, as we all do. And was looking through my scan pics and it got me thinking about the abnormality my baby could have. My OH was born with Talipes (clubfoot), his son was also born with the same defect except on both feet. I went to ask his parents more about it because I didn't really know and it completely shocked me. My OH is now nearly 20 and you couldn't even tell there was anything wrong with his foot (and he's very lucky). But the journey to get to the way he is was so long and hard. He went into a cast from the moment he was born, so did his son. Hospital visits every single day, operations happening as early as 4 months. Check ups and therapy until 12 years old. His son is nearly 4 now and he is still having surgery. Children tease him about it at kindy, which breaks my heart to think this is what my child could have in store for him/her. My OH was in pain alot of his childhood. I will not love my baby any less but the the amount of heart break seeing my child go through all of that... I probably sound like i'm over dramatic but it'll just break me, I will hurt so bad for my baby :( Just needed to let it all out I spose <3

Hi everyone. Today I had one of those days, where everything just runs through my head, as we all do. And was looking through my scan pics and it got me thinking about the abnormality my baby could have. My OH was born with Talipes (clubfoot), his son was also born with the same defect except on both feet. I went to ask his parents more about it because I didn't really know and it completely shocked me. My OH is now nearly 20 and you couldn't even tell there was anything wrong with his foot (and he's very lucky). But the journey to get to the way he is was so long and hard. He went into a cast from the moment he was born, so did his son. Hospital visits every single day, operations happening as early as 4 months. Check ups and therapy until 12 years old. His son is nearly 4 now and he is still having surgery. Children tease him about it at kindy, which breaks my heart to think this is what my child could have in store for him/her. My OH was in pain alot of his childhood. I will not love my baby any less but the the amount of heart break seeing my child go through all of that... I probably sound like i'm over dramatic but it'll just break me, I will hurt so bad for my baby :( Just needed to let it all out I spose <3

Having a baby born with any sort of abnormality would have to be absolutely heart wrenching :nope: is there any in utero scans/ tests they can do to test for it so you're prepared or can stop stressing about it? And what is the likelihood of
Your child inheriting it, is it gender specific etc? I hope for your LO's sake that he or she is lucky and doesn't inherit it <3 x :flower: stay positive girly!

Thanks babe <3 On the 20 week scan they should be able to tell whether or not bubs will have it. Sometimes they can tell on the nuchal scan that I just had, but she didn't say anything for certain when my OH asked her, so I will ask my midwife at my next appointment when she has the report of the scan and blood tests. I'm not sure of the chances of baby getting it, but they might be highly increased seeing as OH's first child has the defect. Boys are twice as likely of getting it than girls. It is also related to other defects such as spina bifida, and some chromosomal abnormalities. My OH and his son have no other abnormalities that have come with the club foot, it's just possibilities. I really hope for my LOs sake too. No innocent life should have to go through struggles <3 thanks hunni I will certainly try xx

Try not to worry as it might not happen :hugs:

My LO was born with a defect in his urinary tract which cause him to get very ill, he had surgery at 5 weeks + 3 days old and has scans/check ups on his kidneys and bladder every 6 months and will need them until at least 15.

That is unrelated so try not to worry, but what I'm trying to say is if there is something you will deal with it as it's the only thing to do, it's horrible but if something is there you'll get through it :) But try not to worry now :hugs: Relax and don't stress over it! You can pm me if you need to talk, it might not happen but I know how scary it is :hugs: <3

Try not to worry as it might not happen :hugs:

My LO was born with a defect in his urinary tract which cause him to get very ill, he had surgery at 5 weeks + 3 days old and has scans/check ups on his kidneys and bladder every 6 months and will need them until at least 15.

That is unrelated so try not to worry, but what I'm trying to say is if there is something you will deal with it as it's the only thing to do, it's horrible but if something is there you'll get through it :) But try not to worry now :hugs: Relax and don't stress over it! You can pm me if you need to talk, it might not happen but I know how scary it is :hugs: <3

Thank you :) I am trying not to worry but it's so hard with all these hormones, makes everything 10 times worse and me 10 times more upset about everything all the time. Silly things they are. I'm so sorry to hear that about your LO, I hope he's ok. It's nice to get advice from someone who has been there though it really means alot <3 It'll be my OH keeping me strong anyway, I know that for sure. Thank you, I will definitely PM if I ever need to talk :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->