Worried

Peanut112

Reaction score
Pretty scared I wont like my baby when she pops out.... :nope: I dont know what to do!!

Any idea what caused these feelings? Have you previously had trouble bonding?

I can understand why you might be scared, but I really think it's very unlikely you have anything to worry about. No matter how disconnected you might be during your pregnancy, once you see your baby's face, biology takes over. You will like your baby because you just have to. That's what nature intended, and it works out great for both moms and babies most of the time.

I think worries about bonding can be quite normal. Do you suffer with anxiety normally?
I remember worrying that I didn't get that overwhelming rush of love for DS when he was born which everyone talks about. It definitely built up for me though and I love him more every day. So don't panic if it doesn't happen straight away.
Is there anything that makes you think you won't like your baby?

I'm also worried my little boy will be a monster I won't recognize. After having a girl (despite wanting a boy), I'm now worried because I look at other people's little boys who are big headed and violent. Admittedly, my little girl is not exactly gentle.

I try to remember that my little boy will be getting his genes from my husband and I.

Sometimes I look at look at newborn squishy pictures and the hormones kick in. There's basic biology that takes over, but really I didn't see personality in my first until she was 4 months old. Now at 21 months, she's my favorite side kick.

This will be my first baby. I have a horrible past and bonding doesnt come easy to me whatsoever. My mother liked me until I popped out so I guess I'm just scared of that happening.. I love my belly and I'm loving pregnancy. However, all my friends who are the same week range absolutely cant wait and here I feel like I can wait forever.

It helps to have a supportive OH though who gives me lots of "belly love" and reassurance.. I dont know.. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed. I'm not a fan of his family at all and now all this drama is happening.. Lately I feel like this is the wrong time for me to be pregnant. I don't want her to come out into a world that so stressful. I already feel like a bad mom.. LOL.

I have a friend who didnt want her baby up until after she saw his face. So I'm holding on to the hope that everything will be okay in the end and I'm just worried over nothing.

And don't worry if you don't fall in love instantly when you see that little face for the first time. The first few weeks, babies are wriggling bundles of needs that cover you in more bodily fluids than you can imagine and never let you sleep. My daughter wasn't much of a cuddler either. But as she grew I definitely fell in love with her more and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->