Worried

Angelica

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
Hello Mum’s

I haven’t been on here for a while but am really feeling down and stressed so thought someone can help/advise

My LO was born 7 weeks premature so will be 13 months corrected this weekend. He seems to have hit moat of his milestones late but up until now I wasnt overly worried and my middle daughter also did but she is now a normal 7 year old.

I have a few worries but my main one is that he doesn’t wave goodbye! I don’t know if we did it actively before or not but we have been teaching him for the past 10 days now & he still won’t do it.

Should I worry? Does anyone have any tips/advice?
Can anyone reassure me that their LO was late waving too and all was ok?

Hope you can help me Mummy’s

My DS is 20 months old and only started to wave 2 weeks ago and now he won’t stop it ! Haha

It’s hard not to worry when it comes to communicating !

All I would suggest is just to keep doing what you are and encourage him , pretty sure he will surprise you one day !

I am having my own worries with DSs lack of talking but he’s very aware and has good understanding !

We as mummies will always worry but sometimes it just takes them a little longer or they need extra help xx

Hello Mum’s

I haven’t been on here for a while but am really feeling down and stressed so thought someone can help/advise

My LO was born 7 weeks premature so will be 13 months corrected this weekend. He seems to have hit moat of his milestones late but up until now I wasnt overly worried and my middle daughter also did but she is now a normal 7 year old.

I have a few worries but my main one is that he doesn’t wave goodbye! I don’t know if we did it actively before or not but we have been teaching him for the past 10 days now & he still won’t do it.

Should I worry? Does anyone have any tips/advice?
Can anyone reassure me that their LO was late waving too and all was ok?

Hope you can help me Mummy’s
I would say don’t worry about that. Some kids just don’t like waving! I have 3 and they’re quite a bit older than that so my memory isn’t great, but one of them didn’t wave. It just wasn’t her thing. I think it was my youngest. She’s clever as anything and healthy.

thank you so much!
that’s reassuring to hear!

Can i ask what you were doing to teach him? Other than waving at him saying bye at every opportunity x

My DS is 20 months old and only started to wave 2 weeks ago and now he won’t stop it ! Haha

It’s hard not to worry when it comes to communicating !

All I would suggest is just to keep doing what you are and encourage him , pretty sure he will surprise you one day !

I am having my own worries with DSs lack of talking but he’s very aware and has good understanding !

We as mummies will always worry but sometimes it just takes them a little longer or they need extra help xx

Can he clap yet? I would try not to worry too much. I think my kids waved bye later because we didn't really go anywhere so they didn't need to wave.

Can he clap yet? I would try not to worry too much. I think my kids waved bye later because we didn't really go anywhere so they didn't need to wave.

yes he can clap- think it took him a while to get that too.

But since reading how important the waving and pointing milestones are I am suddenly feeling so anxious and over analysing everything!!

We didn’t do much at all we just said things such as wave to so and so and wave bye bye but for bye he will close and open his fingers as opposed to actually waving his hands . We didn’t say can you wave as a direct question. So for example if we were both looking in the mirror I wouldn’t say to DS can you wave at mummy id just say wave and wave myself for him to see. Hope that makes sense

DH just happened to say wave and he did it ! I was so shocked too haha .

I think Phantom has a really good point kids haven’t seen that many people to wave at either with lockdown !

I would keep at it one thing I’ve learnt with speech and communication is you might feel like nothings happening or changing quick enough but it really is and modelling back is the best way .

Can he talk yet ? I know he’s still very young !

We didn’t do much at all we just said things such as wave to so and so and wave bye bye but for bye he will close and open his fingers as opposed to actually waving his hands . We didn’t say can you wave as a direct question. So for example if we were both looking in the mirror I wouldn’t say to DS can you wave at mummy id just say wave and wave myself for him to see. Hope that makes sense

DH just happened to say wave and he did it ! I was so shocked too haha .

I think Phantom has a really good point kids haven’t seen that many people to wave at either with lockdown !

I would keep at it one thing I’ve learnt with speech and communication is you might feel like nothings happening or changing quick enough but it really is and modelling back is the best way .

Can he talk yet ? I know he’s still very young !

no not talking yet just babbling
Does sometimes say dadda, mumma, bubba though

i’m just stressing out and no amount of waving at him or showing him a really fun bye bye song on YouTube is helping!!

Yes I know how you feel my DS is still babbling but your DS like I said is very young .

Its really frustrating isn’t it! I totally get you with that too! All we can do really is keep doing what we are and hopefully playgroups etc will open soon and they can interact with toddlers their own age . With regards to SLT they won’t refer you to one until they are 2 years of age. I know my DS is going to need it but he might just surprise us all !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->