Worried

lauren-kate

Reaction score
I'm really worried about my friend. She's 26 weeks pregnant. She texted me while she was on the bus earlier to say she having hot flushes and feeling some pressure - I text her back saying it was pretty normal during pregnancy. Then few mins later, she text saying she thought her waters had broken and her trousers were soaking. I got her to call triage and go into hospital. The consultant saw her and said that baby's head is down but not engaged, there's still some fluid there. My friend is being kept in hospital, at least just for the night - but I'm guessing they'll keep her in for a while? They're on about giving steroid injections. I'm just really scared for her :(

oh no hope they can keep bubs in a bit longer if not im sure they'll be well looked after keep us updated will be thinking of your friend xx

It sounds like she's starting pre-term labor and premature rupture. I really hope they can keep that baby in there for a few weeks. But reassure her that if the worst happens her baby has a really great chance and they are very strong. My prayers are with her and her family

The consultant's told her today that they're still not sure where the liquid came from (when her waters broke) :wacko:

For now I'm hoping she makes 27 weeks, it's much easier to take day by day then to look at the bigger picture. Please keep us updated.

They still didn't work out where the amniotic fluid came from. Her bloods are quite bad she said, though I'm not sure what she meant by that - possibly high blood sugar. She's been allowed home for the weekend though, which is positive, although she has to go back in on Monday. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->