Worries about DTD after D&C

cliqmo

Reaction score
Okay this may be premature (I only had the D&C yesterday :dohh:) but did anyone else feel nervous about :sex: after the surgery??

Did you wait for two weeks as advised? (was it more or less time if not)
Did you go straight back to unprotected TTC?
Did you discuss with OH about when to start again, or just lynch him? :winkwink:

My ERPC is a week ago now and defo dont feel like DTD again yet although bleeding has stopped. I hope I might feel differently next week when away on hols with DH but will be using protection if we do - he doesn't know this yet!! Not ready emotionally to TTC again.

Okay this may be premature (I only had the D&C yesterday :dohh:) but did anyone else feel nervous about :sex: after the surgery??

Did you discuss with OH about when to start again, or just lynch him? :winkwink:

YES~ I definitely was scared. I was worried it would hurt or that I would bleed~ no idea what to expect. Honestly- it felt GREAT and there was no blood or pain or anything~ it went MUCH better than I thought it would. I had my DH go slow @ first to make sure I was okay which helped. I didn't want 2 weeks, it was 11 days that we waited- so almost. I wanted to around 7/8 days after but was still spotting until 10 days post d&c. We didn't use any protection~ I have the mindset that if my body is ready to get preggo~ it will .. and if it's not ~ then I won't.. I can say it's been close to a month since mine and I think I am one of those ladies who didn't ovulate at all.. maaaybe I will~ I guess I still could~ haven't gotten AF yet~ and OPK's are getting lighter and lighter. My DH and I DID discuss in the hospital actually how we would proceed- and we both agreed to a NTNP approach the 1st month and then TOTALLY giving it our all again the 2nd month. Hope it helps.. I can understand being nervous~ but I know for me I had no reason to be! :hugs:

My ERPC is a week ago now and defo dont feel like DTD again yet although bleeding has stopped. I hope I might feel differently next week when away on hols with DH but will be using protection if we do - he doesn't know this yet!! Not ready emotionally to TTC again.

You will feel heaps better by the end of your 2nd week, I promise. Even emotionally I feel much stronger now... Hugs xx

I had my D&C 3 weeks ago....and waited the 2 weeks....I was nervous and excited about it...I just wanted to be with my DH emotionally that way.

Oddly enough on the first night at the 2 week mark..my Dh avoided me like the plague!!! I kinda freaked out about it...in my head not out loud lol....He even avoided it in the morning when I was trying again...Finally the second night I asked him and apparently he was freaking out and was afraid to hurt me. After the talk we finally DTD and it didnt hurt at all , and we did not use protection..

Oh and I dont have my follow up untill Tuesday...so we didnt wait that would have been over 3 weeks..i couldnt wait that long

I was never told a waiting period... It is nice how they forget nice details like that.
Anyhew... I waited about 2 weeks. No pain... it was great actually.
We did not use protection. I felt odd about the protection like it was not fair I had to use it... I was still bitter, angry, mad etc at that point about MC.

I was told to wait two weeks. We're one week 3 now and still no sex. Not because we don't want to or because I am in pain, but we've been so busy lately that it hasn't been a priority. I don't want to put pressure on either of us because we are a bit raw from everything, and I want sex to be more than just about pregnancy. We have a weekend of "us" time planned starting Saturday morning and I hope it will lead to some much missed intimacy :)

I highly recomend the 2 week wait. I thought I was done bleeding but kept spotting randomly right up to the 14 day mark (even though I didn't bleed the first week at all).

Cliqmo - I just posted a thread similar to this. What did you end up deciding? I had the D&C yesterday (so I'm a week behind you). I very lightly spotted yesterday, but feel great. No cramping at all. My doctor told me to wait 3 weeks until BD and then until AF before TTC unprotected... It just seems like a long time!

What has your experience been?

Also- did anyone wait until they got a BFN on a test? How long does HCG take to go down? I was over 65,000 before procedure.

Thank you!

i had a dnc on the monday and dtd with my dh on the friday. unprotected.

Cliqmo - I just posted a thread similar to this. What did you end up deciding? I had the D&C yesterday (so I'm a week behind you). I very lightly spotted yesterday, but feel great. No cramping at all. My doctor told me to wait 3 weeks until BD and then until AF before TTC unprotected... It just seems like a long time!

What has your experience been?

Also- did anyone wait until they got a BFN on a test? How long does HCG take to go down? I was over 65,000 before procedure.

Thank you!

I just saw my DR on Tuesday it has been over 3 weeks since my D&C. I waited 2 weeks. She told me it was important to wait atleast then because your body needs to heal, you do have to remember you did have a type of surgery...and if you have unprotected sex before then you risk the chance of infection.

My Dr just told me that I should wait till first AF to try unprotected...I told her it was too late. She told well if it happens then it does...and it was how it was meant to be.

When i asked her about my level she said after a D&C they usually drop fairly quickly unless there are complications. She said mine should be down by now...

Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->