worry and early scans

spicyorange

Reaction score
I'm so anxious about this pregnancy, made worse by some bleeding early in the week (now stopped). The epu said it was normal and i didn't need to get checked out but it's just made an already anxious me more worried. I'm thinking if getting an early scan but Dh doesn't think it well stop me worrying. I some how feel that there's some kind if inevitability that il mc. My questions:
1. Did you have an early scan and if so did it reduce your worry?
2.what else reduces worry?(can your ever not worry)
3. Does anyone else feel that everywhere they turn the risk of mc is highlighted to them and therefore feel that it's some how inevitable??

I feel your Worry, Yes I just had an Early Scan today - I waited over 1hour which seemed for ever!! They where Lovely, Asked questions and then told me the pregnancy was Visible and in the right Place, Then they did show me... Iv been put back 4 days too - I had a MMC Sept and Every time I go to the toilet or have Pain I think the Worst... Im trying to chill and relax now iv seen That all is ok... But once I hot 12 weeks I think il feel so much better, Id say its how you feel, I went on my own as I cope better alone xx Hope this helpx

Trust me Hun, the worry is normal. I worried non stop with my ds pregnancy. Like you had early bleeding did have two early scans but will be honest that it didn't stop me worrying at all. I'm a nervous wreck this pregnancy but I think that's because i have suffered several losses now. Even been having panic attacks I'm that worried. If you really think it would reassure you though I'd defo find out about an early scan. Happy healthy 9 months to you :)

Congrats on your pregnancy and sorry to hear that you're so worried. I can totally relate. And I think most of us can, totally normal!

I didn't get an early scan and somehow the days passed (i have a 14 month old running around which helps in that regard :)). I am 12+4 now and had two medical scans, after each I felt great cuz bubba has been doing good in there so far thankfully, but after a day or so I am back to worrying again tbh.

I had an early scan and honestly it's just made me worry more. i think if I had it at 7-8 weeks then it would've helped as there would be something to see.

There is always going to be something to worry about! From the second you find out your pregnant, you are destined to worry about that little bean/baby/toddler/child/teenager/adult for basically the rest of your life!! After an early scan, you'll worry about the 12 week one, then about the 16 week blood test, then about the 20 week anatomy scan, then about the baby's movements...all part of being a mum :)
If you think it will help, definitely get an early scan. I'm anxious too (had a chemical in the summer), but I was last time and I remember clearly thinking there wasn't going to be a baby at my first scan at 12 weeks. I'm going to wait this one out too - I've started rationalising things after scaring myself by taking loads of tests (the line got fainter - turned out to be the hook effect). If it is going to go wrong there is absolutely nothing at all I can do about it. I might as well enjoy the fact that as of this moment I am pregnant - and the chances are that's how it is going to stay.

Agree, For me as soon as I can pick the Heart Beat up on a Doppler I will settle a little, I used to enjoy Laying there at Night listening, I am the same amount gone as you ellahopesky :)

I feel like I need a slap and told to pull together, I swing wildly from asking about appointments to thinking I'll wait to 12weeks. I feel like I'm barely functioning at work it's become all consuming

I had an early scan, no it didn't ease my worry. Even if you get an early scan today, it doesn't mean things will be ok in a week. I had great scans before both MCs. Nothing reduces my worry and I will worry till the baby is delivered. I don't feel that things increase the chance of mc, I feel it's imminent and it's out of my control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->