Worry re lump in breast

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by scrumpy78, Jun 2, 2011.

1. scrumpy78

scrumpy78 Pregnant Due April

I started with mastitis two days ago, very very sore breast, fever and feeling ill . My whole breast felt like a hard lump. Now I've had 2 days of antibiotics I feel much better, and less tender, but I have a hard lump deep in my breast by my ribs. I can feel it most when I lie flat. Tge rest of my breast feels fine now. I'm so worrying about this lump, ive been to doc again and he said that if it hasn't gone in a few days he'll refer me. I'm desperately worried as I've had blocked ducts before but were not a lump as such.

2. MelanieAnn

MelanieAnn Guest

Blocked ducts can be difficult to unplug. But there is a danger of an abcess if they don't get unclogged. Sometimes mums get really creative in finding ways to access that part of the breast. Feeding on all 4s, for instance, or sitting on a washing machine on spin cycle, or playing a game of tennis.

3. CeriB

CeriB Well-Known Member

No advice but wanted to offer :hugs: Hope you get it sorted soon!

4. Surprise

Surprise Well-Known Member

Sorry you've been sick. The way to get it out is to position your baby with her chin on the lump. She'll have much stronger suction that way, and you'll get relief.