Worrying about my supply

CharlieP

Mum to Charlie
Reaction score
I'm worried about my supply. I pump each morn and get about 7/8oz if I pump both breasts.

About 4/5pm my OH gives the baby about 3oz of xpress and I pump at the same time. I can get about 2oz max from each boob.... Does this sound low?

X

Happens to me too - I think this is why everybody says to pump in the morning :shrug:

It's a real pisser if somebody calls in the morning and you miss your slot :grr:

Wow!!! I usually only get 3oz when I pump!
xx

Sounds like your supply is absolutely fine to me!

Sounds great to me! It is normal to get less in the evenings. If you look at it, it probably looks creamier, too. Evening milk is less but more filling (ie higher cream content).

Don't worry about your supply until LO looses weight for a few weeks in a row. Then think about questioning it.

Personally, I have found that pumping is the BEST way to doubt your supply. I never doubted mine a bit until I started pumping. Now it seems every other week I am worried about it. But it ALWAYS works out fine.

Thanks everyone. LO has been on a growth spurt the last 3 days and today he drank 4.5oz of EBM at 4pm and I pumped 8oz!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->