Worrying

Las78

Mum to 3 beautiful girls
Reaction score
Just to add to my list of worries in my pregnancy, I've just received a letter from my GP saying my bloods are back and they want me to make an appointment - argh!

I'm thinking it can't be too serious or they would have phoned me? I know they found out last time that I am no longer immune to Rubella so maybe it's that again.

Am going to phone them in a bit and hope they give me the reason over the phone cause I can not wait as I'll worry myself sick!

Sorry to hear that, but it might be something as simple as the Rubella thing. I would definately ring though and ask if they can tell you, but it might not be possible. Can you get an appointment for today or tomorrow morning if not? I hope it is all ok.

Managed to get the results over the phone as I can't get in till at least next week and told them I will worry if I don't know.

It is non immunity to Rubella. I found out about this after my loss in feb and had been meaning to get immunised but then fell pregnant again, I am kicking myself now as I should have got it done rather than just putting it on the backburner not expecting to fall so quickly.

Have read up about it and my only slight saving grace is that over 16 weeks risk to baby is very much reduced but it can still have it's effects which I didn't even want to know about. Just going to have to be extra careful and let people know although to be fair you don't hear a lot about it these days.

Worth mentioning that even if you have been immunised as I have and had chicken pox as a child you can still over the years lose your immunity!

Glad you got to the bottom of it hun. Don't torment yourself with google, just try and take it easy (impossible I know!) Sending huge :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->