Worth testing or not?!!

littlejenx

Reaction score
Hi I just wanted some opinions, Ive not got my period yet as still breastfeeding 18 month old so no idea if I'm ovulating or not but 9 days ago we used the withdrawal method and now for the last three days I've had loads of ewcm then it's changed to be the more watery/lotion, much more then I'm used too anyway. Basically I was wondering whether the change in cm could mean we some how conceived 9 days ago...or I guess it's morelikely I'm ovulating, do you think it's worth testing or am I being silly?

it sounds like you're very near ovulation now, normally the very watery type mucus happens right b4 ovulation after the ewcm. I'd say it's very likely that you're just fertile right now.

You should have ewcm around ovulation, then it should change almost immediately after Oing to sticky, thick and white. If you conceive, on the other hand, I've read that CM will stay clear and watery a while longer than it normally would and it will increase in amount. Of course this can vary from woman to woman but that is the general idea.

normally how many days should you feel much wetter and have ewcm?

I would normally have ewcm for a few days b4 ovulation n gets very watery a day or two before I ovulate n afterwards it goes sticky. if you look it up ewcm and watery cm are very common just b4 ovulation although not every woman experiences both. some women also experience ewcm after ovulation before it goes sticky again even when they haven't conceived so it's not a sure sign. take a test if it puts your mind at ease :)

Hi I just wanted some opinions, Ive not got my period yet as still breastfeeding 18 month old so no idea if I'm ovulating or not but 9 days ago we used the withdrawal method and now for the last three days I've had loads of ewcm then it's changed to be the more watery/lotion, much more then I'm used too anyway. Basically I was wondering whether the change in cm could mean we some how conceived 9 days ago...or I guess it's morelikely I'm ovulating, do you think it's worth testing or am I being silly?

I'm in almost the same exact position as you except my son is just a year and instead of ewcm I'm experiencing similar cramping to when I was pregnant with my son. I'm probably going to test if my cramping/other possible symptoms keep going.

I think you should test because I've been googling all day and what I've found is that unless you EBF, your baby is 6 months or under, and you bf exclusively on demand, you CAN be ovulating, even if you aren't menstruating. I had thought since I wasn't menstruating that I wasn't ovulating but I found that's not necessarily the case. It's actually more and more likely the older your baby gets since your milk supply likely goes down when they start eating more solids, not nursing as often, etc. I know my own milk supply has gone down and I've felt what I swore was ovulation pain a few months prior to now so who knows! Best bet, just by a test and :test:

Thanks skywalker. Have u had many times where u have had ewcm and suspected ovulation? Hope you don't mind me asking! Are you ttc? X

Sounds like ovulation to me- I got pregnant with my son on the first ovulation after having my daughter when she was exactly one. I was also breast feeding!I went by the ewcm and had sex once, that fertile period, on the day I got a huge blob of ewcm (really clear and very stretchy) good luck!!

Edit: I just got my bfp and had no ewcm since ovulation except a tiny bit of yellow snot like cm but nothing like my ovulation cm.

Thanks Lilian, I had been reading your posts in the pregancy test gallery-very exciting!!! Congrats to you. Maybe I will be posting a test in a few days �� now is like 4th day of ewcm-does that not seem quite a lot for normal ovulTion? X

Thanks Lilian, I had been reading your posts in the pregancy test gallery-very exciting!!! Congrats to you. Maybe I will be posting a test in a few days �� now is like 4th day of ewcm-does that not seem quite a lot for normal ovulTion? X

Thank you!! :flower:

No, 4 days is totally normal. I get 4-5 days before I ovulate. For me It starts off a bit cloudy, but stretchy (breaks though if pulled too far) and as small amount and then I get loads more the two days before- literally like egg whites and totally clear and very stretchy (won't break easily). The best time to check is after a poo (so sorry for tmi :blush:). Best thing to do is buy some ovulation tests though as they will give you more precise days. Good luck and well done on the breast feeding! I can't wait to do it all again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->