Wotsits

A

AppleBlossom

Grace LOVES wotsits (cheese puffs for you lot over the water :p) and if I put a couple on her tray she sits quietly for ages just munching on them. I was just wondering if it was bad for her what with the salt content which is 0.35g per bag? She doesn't eat an entire bag in one go obviously but how many should I give her? It's about the only food she will pick up and eat all of. Stuff like pasta she chews on then throws away!

"Ingredients: Maize, vegetable oil, cheese flavour [cheese powder 7%, flavour enhancer (monosodium glutamate), colour (paprika extract), flavouring], salt."

Personally I would never ever feed a baby wotsits as they have far too many chemicals in. As far as the salt content is concerned, remember that MSG is also a sodium salt and has been the subject of some health scares, to the point where a lot of baby foods are produced to be MSG-free. The daily recommended maximum for babies is less than 1g per day up to twelve months old.

Try some of the finger food ranges from Organix instead, the carrot sticks are very similar to wotsits in size and texture but obviously a lot healthier! They do some tomato and sweetcorn ones too which Grace might enjoy.

Thanks hun, have tried all those Organix things and she just won't have any of it! When I do give them I only give her one or 2, just so she learns how to pick things up and eat them. I only give them to her because I know a lot of babies who have them around her age but they eat like, half a packet. I'm too scared to give her any more than a couple!

Tegan likes wotsits too and I am sure that we were eating wotsits when we were their age.. I only give tigs a couple at a time because I hate it when she drops them :lol: they are so disgusting and soggy lol! But I wouldn't give her too many at a time either hun, my health visitor says.. everything in moderation.

mmm.. you are making me hungry. I used to eat these all the time when pregger! Yummy nummy cheese puffs. :D :D :D
:rofl:
I've never given Colton one though. Never thought to, TBH. He would probably LOVE them though, my kid is in a kick and will only eat what he wants.. rofl.

he'll eat: cookies, hotdogs, carrots and greenbeans (?!), plus most meat (had porkchops tonight.. he didn't waste a drop! :D)
but he wont eat any fruit! :dohh:

i give ciaran 2-3 of these when i have a pack he loves them :D

I wouldn't even feed myself them, the chemicals scare me :rofl:

I agree with everything in moderation. They might make her a bit more thirsty so just make sure she has enough to drink xx

Caitlin has wotsits - at Graces age the carrot stix but loves wotsits now with her lunch or some kids bear crisps you get (plain).

I'm not really scared to give Caitlin foods that we have now - as someone saidin moderation and take into account what she has the rest of the day. In my house I think wotsits is the 'salt' facter and biscuits the sugar but hey half of theose don't go in their mouths :dohh: lol

Lol to be honest most of each wotsit ends up as much sticking to her sleeves! She will eat the carrot stix but she gets bored after 2 and just throws them around. She doesn't have anything else salty the rest of the day. My aunties sister's baby was only ever given jars and stuff with no salt in and she ended up in hospital because of a lack of salt in her body :shock: so I'm worried either way, scared of giving her too much, scared of giving her to little!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->