would anyone else feel the same?

fl00b

Finley's Mummy & WTT :)
Reaction score
all i seem to do is rant recently but oh well.

i've known my best friend since year 7, and she was the only one who stuck by my decision to keep my son when i first found out i was pregnant. we don't go to the same school anymore, but still remained close.

it was her 18th birthday the other day + i just found out that she had a 'birthday meal' with all my other close friends (we used to go round in a small group, she doesn't go to the same school as any of them either) but i was the only one who wasn't invited.

i know it sounds primary school kids "oh i didn't get invited" but it's really upset me + i've just realised how alone i am. the only time i leave the house is for my driving lesson once a week... and the odd shift my dad gives me (he runs a pub, and now i'm getting big these occasional shifts are getting less and less) my mom + dad are at work all day, and my sister's at 6th form so i sit at home all day on my own with the dog :wacko:

does anyone else feel nobody wants to know them since they became pregnant?

Hell yeah i lost a good friend before i even told her it was true i still hav my 2 bestest friends that i told but no one else at school really knows but im terrifyed i will loose everybody when they do find out it really sucks :(

Hell yeah i lost a good friend before i even told her it was true i still hav my 2 bestest friends that i told but no one else at school really knows but im terrifyed i will loose everybody when they do find out it really sucks :(

aw sorry to hear that :( at my school when everyone found out, i was that frightened cos my other two 'friends' spread it about when i took a few days off. looking back on it now i wish i would have stayed there! sure it's gonna be gossip for a few weeks but after that they'll find someone else to gossip about! i just spoke to a girl who said when she was 14 + pregnant, she was literally on her own with her baby - now she's given birth everyone wants to know her! i spose it's just hard finding out who's fake and who's real :nope:

Yes its true when people say you find out who your true friends are in pregnancy
My best friend now is my mum since shes the only one supporting me and I know I can rely on her more then I thought I could with my other so called friends
But maybe you could meet other mummys at baby clubs in your area? Im thinking of going along to one sometime

As soon as my so called "bestfriend" found out i was pregnant she was putting indirect things about me all over the internet and was very shitty with me. I ended up trying to talk to her about it and she was just a pure cow to me dispite the fact i hadn't done anything wrong and i havent spoken to her since.
I know the feeling of never leaving the house though, its so boring isn't it!? No one really bothers with you when you're young and pregnant which is unfair! I guess that in the long run we find out who is true and who is false, don't need any false people in your life hun.
I literally see no one, have no friends or social life because thats how people are :/, it is upsetting but its their loss! xxx

Honestly, I've felt that since before I knew I was pregnant. My friends stopped spending time with me once I split with my ex-boyfriend almost a year ago (I guess I was just "the girlfriend" to them?) and that hasn't changed. The only new thing I've learnt is that people are raging gossips (see my post). After all of that, I can't bring myself to trust anyone at the moment. I understand how you're feeling, I'm sure if it wasn't that split, it would have been my pregnancy, everyone is so fake.

Yes always, I have no friends beside my boyfriend and like 3 friends... Who I never hang out with... It sucks and I Always feel alone

That's really shit that your friend didn't invite you to her birthday. I would be down about it too. It's happened a lot to me, I find out that people I thought I was friendly with don't invite me anywhere because I'm pregnant and I can't drink etc.

My OH is the same with his friends, he says he feels so disconnected from them now and they are all still so immature and he has nothing in common with them anymore.

My OH is my best friend but if you don't have one it can be really hard, I think if you joined a young mothers group you would meet other mums in your situation and you could really bond over the babies.

Ladies.. Let's not upset our little one.. Females will be females. I'm 19 before I hot preggo my friends weren't so ideal.. And it has nothing to do with my enormous belly. Bcz one of my friends got preggo 6weeks before me. People are going to talk about you until the day you die.. You worry with it or just laugh at how pathetic they are. The can't possily have a life because they are too wrapped up in your..

Take care

Pregnancy is the biggest test you will ever endure. It truly shows who your real friends are. I'm so sorry she didn't invite you. :hugs:

I have my OH and my best friend.. :shock:
No body seems to want to know until the baby is here it seems.. I've lost pretty much all of my friends due to being pregnant :| it really does show who your true friends are and aren't..
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"