would babies head be down for preterm labour at 20 weeks

butterfly5

PREGNANT 3RD TRI
Reaction score
ince Saturday I have had maybe once or twice a day a spell of menstrual type cramps (mild not bad but enough to be uncomfy). Anyway yesterday I rang triage and spoke to a midwife because these cramps and lower back ache were annoying me and worrying. She advised to take a warm bath, some paracetamol and then give it 2 hrs and to ring back if worse or wont ease up.

After the bath and tablets it did ease. I had my 20 week scan today which went well and baby would not stop moving around.

I have come home and started some periody/upset tummy type of cramps again on and off.

I have midwife at 9 am tomorrow.

Do you think if it was preterm labour baby would be head down?

No a baby does not have to be head down for pre term or full term labour to start. My first twin was born breech and a week before that she had been head down.

As a bath and paracetamol eased the pains then that is a really good sign. I had been on bed rest for a month before I went into labour and I had aches and pains in places I never knew existed however when my contractions started those previous aches and pains didn't seem so bad in comparison.

If any any doubt though go and get checked out as they can check your cervix to make sure it is still closed.

Good luck.

I'm pretty sure period like cramps and backaches are common in pregnancy. Our bodies are going through incredible changes. I think of it as growing pains. I have had period type cramps on and off the whole time. I also understand your concern, baby is the most important thing in the world! If you go to your midwife and your cervix is firm and closed, I think everything will be just fine. If she doesn't want to check it insist she does. It's your body/pregnancy and you need some reassurance. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->