Would I be considered for clomid?

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
I've had all my fertility checks and it shows no problems, I ovulate, I don't have endometriosis or any cysts and all my hormone levels are fine.The only problem we seem to have is that my husband has a slightly low sperm count, one count was 18 million and the other was 17 million. The mobility and morphology I'm not too sure about but my FS said that she wasn't worried about his results, her words "it's not great but it's not bad". So I'm wondering if she would consider putting me on clomid? From what I've read, this helps to release more eggs (correct me if I'm wrong) so surely this would increase the chance of me getting pregnant? I have my follow-up appointment tomorrow so I'm going to ask but do you think I would be considered?

From what I know - and when I was on it - it was to stimulate ovulation. It can increase the chance of multiple pregnancies, but I think you'd need to have a good chat with your doctor to see what the best course of action is.

Perhaps there is something you and DH can try for mobility? I'd ask about that?

It does release more eggs and would increase your chances, however, your husbands sperm count is likely too good for them to help you...as my dh was 10million and the doc said that is more than healthy enough....just to get him on some vits and keep him away from laptops and hot tubs...wearing baggy clothes. Sperm counts vary day to day, week to week, month to month, and with your Dh's being fairly high...I wouldn't be too worried. Maca is probably your best choice...it helps male and female feritlity and really helps a lot of couples conceive. here is a link

https://hubpages.com/hub/maca

I am hopefully getting clomid for a few cycle to see if it helps us.

We are TTC with a MF (count 10m, varicocele)

PS. my FS said exactly the same about our SA! lol

I've had all my fertility checks and it shows no problems, I ovulate, I don't have endometriosis or any cysts and all my hormone levels are fine.The only problem we seem to have is that my husband has a slightly low sperm count, one count was 18 million and the other was 17 million. The mobility and morphology I'm not too sure about but my FS said that she wasn't worried about his results, her words "it's not great but it's not bad". So I'm wondering if she would consider putting me on clomid? From what I've read, this helps to release more eggs (correct me if I'm wrong) so surely this would increase the chance of me getting pregnant? I have my follow-up appointment tomorrow so I'm going to ask but do you think I would be considered?

Hiya Susan
I did read somewhere that 1 man on here was prescribed Clomid by his doctor to help increase his count
But to be honest i cant remember what his count was! Sorry!!
Hope this helps a bit
xxBabyC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back