Would it affect your name choice?

luci and bump

Proud mummy to Evelyn :)
Reaction score
OH and I are expecting our daughter Feb 28th. My DDs dad is having his daughter Jan 23rd.
We decided on the name Poppy Harriet. My DD told me that her dad was calling his baby Nina, which was never on our list. I text him this morning to tell him we'd decided on our name, for him to reply "oh Harriet is what we're naming our baby"
So now I'm really torn on what to do!! Would it put you off the name? Especially with their DD being born before ours

It would probably piss me off :lol: I would have replied that I was totally clueless based on what your DD had said that LOs name was Nina... wonder if his GF will be happy haha

Although it would peeve me off it shouldn't matter at all if hearts are set! Ones a middle name and ones a first? x

That's what I said, my DD has insisted for weeks that they're calling their baby Nina Eliza. Apparently that's just what DD wants. The name they've decided on is Harriet Eliza. I think his wife may be pissed off tbh. But, I told him about it before he mentioned it to me, and explained that we'd have named the baby Harry if it had been a boy, after OH grandad who was basically his dad. I have a feeling OH isn't going to be happy about it either

It would be annoying as hell but I wouldn't let it change the name I wanted for my daughter.

That is a crappy situation. I would probably be turned off by the name though. However, it seems like it has a family connection and in that case I would probably make an exception especially where you are going for a middle name vs a first name. In all reality the only connection the two have is your DD so in the long run it shouldn't matter a terrible amount.

Tricky one! As your dd will end up with 2 sisters called Harriet. Talk to your OH about it and see what he says. Also if you say you are keeping the name then the others may change their's if they think you are dead set on it so you may end up being able to use it happily after all.
At the end of the day it's how much you love the name, would you be devastated if you couldn't use it? Or it had to be a middle name? I wouldn't be comfortable using it, especially if their baby was going to be born first but it really depends how much you are going to be upset if you don't use it... will they have lots of interaction/be in the same place a lot etc?

Tricky one! As your dd will end up with 2 sisters called Harriet. Talk to your OH about it and see what he says. Also if you say you are keeping the name then the others may change their's if they think you are dead set on it so you may end up being able to use it happily after all.
At the end of the day it's how much you love the name, would you be devastated if you couldn't use it? Or it had to be a middle name? I wouldn't be comfortable using it, especially if their baby was going to be born first but it really depends how much you are going to be upset if you don't use it... will they have lots of interaction/be in the same place a lot etc?

Our baby will be Poppy, Harriet will be her middle name. Which makes it slightly better, but still annoying :haha: I'm hoping that now we've told them we'll be using it, and that we won't be changing our minds because of the family connection, that they'll change their minds :blush:
They won't have much interaction at all that I can see. Maybe at DD1s birthdays, but that's about it really!

Ahh ok misread that bit! Yes for a middle name I don't think it matters too much, it's a bit annoying! But with minimal involvement I can't really see it being a problem

I don't see the big deal! One is a middle name and one is a first! And you told them first, so it's really doesn't make sense if his wife is annoyed. Go for it!

I wouldn't change it over a middle name. A first name, yes, but the middle name hardly ever comes up. It would be annoying though!

I take it hes not joking!! How annoying. Personally id ha want something different as u will get stuck with the question why did u pick the same thing. What an annoying situation x

I wouldn't change it! Not sure about you but I never really use my girls middle names and it doesn't particularly come up in conversation so I'm not sure how often anyone would actually realise they share a first/middle name connection.

Middle name, leave as is. I wouldn't want her to have 2 sisters named the same but the middle name doesn't get used as often as you think it will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->