Would it be ok if...

AllMacsNow

Surprise! Preggo!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am not a parent of a special needs child. I am actually a member of the board because my OH and I are TTC, but I stumbled across this part of the board today and wondered if you all would mind if I stopped in here every once in a while.

I worked with children with special needs (mainly autism, but a wide variety of others as well) for 8 years before moving to where I live now. I am currently looking for ways to work with children again, in a way that works with my family needs, including starting up a small business from home.

I'm not here to advertise... just wondered if it might be ok for me to stop into your threads every once in a while as someone who has experience working with children who have special needs, in both school and home settings, and have gone to school (but not yet graduated) working towards my teaching/special ed degree. I might have knowledge or a differing take on things.

I *don't*, though, want to make anyone uncomfortable. I understand if you'd rather just kind of keep this section of the boards to people who have family members who have special needs. It's a situation that outsiders can't really understand.

Let me know what you think. If you don't mind, I'd love to stop in every so often. :)

It is always good to keep things mixed up a bit!

Emmea, I just wanted to say 'thanks for your sig'. I've got mild Spina Bifida, and we're thinking of TTC number 2, and I haven't started taking my folic acid yet. Totally forgot about it, and I was so paranoid about it with number 1!!! I needed someone to remind me, it's really important!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->