Would IUGR baby at 35 weeks be induced or c-section?

brokenbits

Reaction score
We have a case of IUGR and low fluid, being monitored this week, scan on Thursday to check fluid levels and CGT monitor every other day - my consultant has suggested that baby will be delivered by 36 weeks and I'm wondering if I'm likely to be induced or have a c-section?

Obviously I'm aware it's very individual and depends on a lot of variables, but I just wondered if any IUGR ladies could share how they delivered and at what stage?
Baby is currently estimated at 4lbs on the 8th centile.

i had low af and had iugr in my last pregnancy they were monitoring me everyday and scans weekly i was induced 10 days early but it resulted in a emergency c section as baby was getting distressed 4lb isnt a bad weight if ur baby has iugr my little one was born 10 days early and weighed 4lb10oz . how low is your fluid ?

I was induced with Megan at 36+6 for iugr as a result of hypertension. They estimated her at 4 1/2 - 5 lbs at the most. Her scan on that day all measurements were between 32-34 weeks. She was born at 37 weeks and was 5 lbs 14 oz. Still small as they said that weight was 12%ile and she was still considered iugr as her growth had fallen so much at the end. 4 weeks prior she was measuring 50%ile. There was never any mention of csection.

Good luck :hugs:

I had and low fluid and Joshua was delivered by c section at 34 weeks. He weighed 2lb 7oz. Sadly he passed at 13 hours old, but at the moment, they don't think that was because of iugr. I had little to no fluid and was being monitored every other day from 24 weeks. I think they opted for c section as its less likely to cause distress and with little fluid baby could struggle. It turned out Joshua was breech anyway x

Each case is different but your baby is quite a good weight so if you have no other probs, you should be able to deliver naturally I would have thought. They may decide to do a c-section if you have other probs or baby is distressed. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->