Would like my baby to take milk before bed but she won't..help

A43

Reaction score
Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get more milk down my Lo before bed? She's 6.5 months, been weaning since 4.5 months and she loves finger foods too!
Weaning routine as follows:-

7/7.30am 7oz milk followed by buttered toast or cereal or yog and fruit
sleep 9.30 to 10am
11.30pm dinner - carbs protein and veg and water from a freeflow beaker
sleep 12.30pm to 1.30/1.45pm
2.30/3pm Ive been giving 4oz (could prob increase it) in the hope she will want a bottle before bed..
sleep 4pm to 4.45pm
5pm dinner mainly finger food or mashed veg and water sips if she wants
She's not interested in a milk feed before or after her dinner
Normally feeds again between 10 & 11pm 7oz

Thanks

If she's managing to drink 18-21 oz with her solids it doesnt really matter when she's taking her bottles.

Omar dropped his morning bottle when we started weaning at 6.5 months. He used to drink 3 bottles 5-6 oz each. His average was 15-18 oz with 2-3 solids.

Are you still giving her stage 1 or did you switch to follow on?

Omars Mum - Interesting question ..I was just thinking about this..No I switched to hungry baby at about 3 months because she started to sick up on stage 1...and I havent changed to follow on after advice I didnt need to if making all my own purees etc..
Do you think it could be the milk is too filling, although there is no difference in calories.
thanks

Omar was on AR (anti reflux formula) which was too filling. this is why he wasnt drinking much milk when we started weaning, his intake went to 12 oz with 1-2 solids when we started weaning. We switched to follow on at 7.5 months by mixing it with his AR, & he started to drink more. xx

Omar was on AR (anti reflux formula) which was too filling. this is why he wasnt drinking much milk when we started weaning, his intake went to 12 oz with 1-2 solids when we started weaning. We switched to follow on at 7.5 months by mixing it with his AR, & he started to drink more. xx

So you weaned him off AR by mixing or did you continue with the mix until cows milk?
Might try the follow on then thanks for that.. erm if you did your own foods did you worry about Omar having too much iron/vits? x

We continued mixing until he was 11 months, we started by micing 2 scoops of follow on with 3-4 scoops of AR, then we started to reduce the AR slowly. Then we started to mix his follow on with cow milk at around 11.5 months. At 14 months he was drinking cow milk only during the day & toddlers milk for bedtime. xx

Have you tried giving tea earlier in the hope that she will drink her bedtime milk?

Have you tried giving tea earlier in the hope that she will drink her bedtime milk?

Yes and Ive tried giving less food during the day. Today we went to a friends house and got back late so I didnt feed her anything until 6pm when I offered milk - she took 7 oz so I am going to change her milk and not do tea for a few days then reintroduce tea when she's started taking the milk at 6pm ish regularly..

That's good then. It's all about trial and error really cus what might work for one baby won't for the next. Hope this carries on working for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->