Would love some advice re: OPK's & testing...

silentlullaby

3 angels <3
Reaction score
Hi all,
Would love to get some information about OPK's (How they work, how the results read and when to test)... I am booked in for the 21/7/11 to see my ob/gyn as im now 3 months after ectopic and have not had any luck conceiving :(

Could someone please explain this to me??

(if relevant, af arrived 5/7 and ended on 10/7)

I'd really wanna try OPK's to see if they help me at all, but just unsure how it all works... So I thought I'd ask the B&B crew..

<3

P.s thank you in advance for anyone who posts replies! Xx

You test with them just like a pregnancy test, BUT it is advisable to test in the afternoon, not FMU. When the test line is AS dark or darker than the control line then that is a +OPK, unlike a HPT where a line is a line.
Alot of people also use temping with it to confirm O as the OPK shows your LH surge, which means O should happen in the next 24 hours (roughly) from the LH surge, but that does NOT mean you release an egg, the temping helps confirm an egg was released.

I use digitals (pricey) but trying to decipher the lines are a PIA. with the digitals you get a empty circle= - or a smiley face =+. If you have no clue either it I advise to test 2x a day, because some people have a short LH surge, which if you test every 24 hours you can miss the surge. A few days leading up to O you should be getting EWCM= clear stretchy cervical mucous, which will start to clue you in.

HTH

I was going to type a long post but then I thought this site has all the information so I'd just send you a link. It's a great site for all things pee-stick related lol

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

They pretty much covered the basis.. If u have any questions feel free to ask and good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->