Would love some opinions and advice

Luvnmy2

Reaction score
I have 2 girls ages 9 and 11. I have been taking them to school and picking them up for the last 3 years. This cost me roughly $240.00 a month. The reason I do this is because when they were the bus they learned many words and action that no small children should not know. I tried going to bus driver and over him with this but really there isn't much you can do when you mix kids ranging from 5 to 18 yrs old. Now my dh wants to put them back on the bus to help save money. But I feel you can not put a price on a child's innocence. And I remember learning way to much at that age from riding the bus. I feel they are to young and impressionable at this age to be around older boys who hormones are raging. Am I wrong to just keep taking them even with the gas cost? I feel like I'm alone in feeling this way. And dh just says it is part of growing up and I can't shelter them forever. Please give me your thoughts on this.

I probably wouldn't send them in on the bus, i would rather spend the money taking them. For me it's more the safety issue but it would also concern me that they were picking up things that i wouldn't want them to know. I know you can't shelter them forever but until they go to senior school at 11/12 then i'd rather keep them as innocent as possible.

WOW there are 5 year olds having to listen to such things??? i cant believe they havent done more to try and stop it or more parents complain about it.

Again i think they will hear things like that at some point and you cant shelter them forever but i dont think trying to shelter them for as long as possible is a bad thing...... personally i wouldnt send my girls at a young age on a bus having to listen to things like that either x

If it's just the language etc that you are worrying about putting them on the bus for then I would say put them back on the bus, they are going to hear the exact same things in the playground at school x

Could you carpool with someone? my mom drove me everyday until I could drive for the exact same reason (and I liked being able to sleep in longer)

I live outside of a small town and my 5 yr old started kinder this year. He rides the bus everyday and so far so good. His bus driver is really great, and he has all of the young ones sit up front right behind him. So far so good.

I know how you feel. I re,ember riding the bis as a small child, and I even remember some things older kids would say and then there were many bus fights that were very frightening. I personally will be driving my children to school. I hate the school bus for any age. The bus driver is driving he or she can't reallycomtrol a bus like we wish they could. If anything I think Schoo buses should have bus monitors who ride as well... If they had that then MAYBE I would let my kids ride the bus then... But even still I would be hesitant. Yea they hear it at school... But I think a school bus is more acceptable to it happening. I don't remember being told anything foul in school... Until I was much older. But I deffinately remember the school bus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->