would love to hear IUI success stories:)

nik25

Reaction score
The hubby and I have been ttc for almost 3 years with no bfp ever;( I was on clomid for 4 months staight, then took two months off, and last month we did our first IUI w/ 50 mg clomid. Unfortunatley it was bfn;( but I'm very opptimistic this month. I'm changing my attitude! My RE gave me 100 mg. clomid this month and will do our 2nd IUI in a few weeks! I was curious if the success rate is better on the second try or not and will I have a better shot since they doubled my clomid? I'm curious if any of you had multiples w/ clomid and IUI. Thanks in advance:)

My son was conceived on the second go of IUI and a doubled dose of injectables :)

hi just want to stick to this post as i also want to know the success rate. i havent yet done any iui but my friend was having pcos and she conceived in first iui... with injectables.. very happy for her.. so i am planning for a iui shortly maybe after 2 cycles.. so this post will be really helpfull...
Thanx:hugs:

i had my 2nd iui today with clomid and ovidrel lets see what the outcome is more positive this cycle

How exciting!! how many mg of clomid are you on?

Hi there,

Good luck with the iui!
I had my first attempt on Friday after 6 days of injections with gonal f.
I wondered if anyone else had success with this regime 1st time? Im in the 2ww now so would be good to keep in touch

XX

We conceived after nearly 3 years (and 9 failed clomid cycles) - on second IUI with injectables. 37+3 now just waiting for baby to arrive. Good luck to all.

Clomid and IUI have a success rate the same as a natural cycle, 20%. Injectables have a slightly higher success rate, but also have a higher likelihood of multiples.

I did clomid and IUI for my son when I was 24. I had success with my 4th round. I have recently tried another three rounds of IUI with no success, but I am also 35 now.

Good luck. I hope it works for you.

Im getting my first IUI monday, and i have 2 follies!
Bump! Just watching :) for now

For our second we needed iui but after researching I declined clomid and went with the injectables as i read they have a slightly better sucess rate and less side effects. We're all different though and clomid + iui will hopefully work for you.
We got a bfp on first iui. We're hoping to have a third baby and will try again with iui + injectables after I have a lap and dye for ?endometriosis.

Good luck :dust: :dust:

Hi - I was TTC for 15 months. We did IUI the 1st time without medication. The 2nd IUI was with 50 mg of clomid and it worked. I had 3 ripe follicles. I also used a progesterone suppository twice a day starting the day after the IUI (until 10 weeks). At my 7 weeks 2 day scan we found out there are two! I am 12 weeks now!

We were in the unexplained infertility category.

There are two treatment risks associated with clomid and I got both! This is from a website about clomid:

"Clomid has two clearly recognized treatment risks; multiple pregnancy and ovarian cyst formation. Approximately 8% of Clomid conceptions are multiple - twins or more. This may occur even on the lowest dose of Clomid. Approximately 10% of women who are treated with Clomid will develop an ovarian cyst."

Along with twins I got a large cyst on my right ovary. Its about the size of a baseball. It usually has no pain at all, but twice got so bad I had to go to the ER. Luckily it doesn't harm the babies. I was surprised by the cyst because I took clomid one cycle and at the lowest dose.

So, clomid and IUI did work for me! Just be ready for the news that there is more than one!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->