Would love to hear success stories of IUI

nik25

Reaction score
My DH and I have been ttc for almost 3 yrs and after finally going to a FS last month, she advised us to try IUI. I was not immune to the Chicken Pox virus, so I just recieved that vaccine and we must wait 8 weeks to start ttc again. :( but at the same time i'm excited bc we will start our first IUI in April. Does anyone have any success stories with thier first round of IUI? I tried clomid for 4 cycles w/ no luck. and so far, we are unexplained infertility...Thanks!!:flower:

Anyone? I'm starting to get excited about it only being 6 weeks from now. Did anyone get multiples with IUI?And how many cycles did it take to get your Bfp?

I can't give you a success story but we weren't really candidates for IUIs anyway because DH has low sperm count so it is not a surprise that 3 failed. I do know that there is a 20% success rate for IUI with clomid and normal sperm count which is pretty high. You should post this question on the secondary infertility page & you might get more responses. Good luck. It is so exciting. I'm on to IVF though in March.

Does anyone know how many tries a dr recommends iui? We are going to try for our first time next month. I want to stay postive and not think its not going to work, but just wanted to hear It from anyone else that has had the iui. Also is it common that they freeze some sperm then combine it with fresh? They froze 12 ml of my husbands and then going to combine it with a fresh sample. Not sure if this is common or not. Thanks

Marie may I ask you how low your hubby's count was? My hubby has a low count due to child hood illness/ so that is the main reason why I know it is low. I just was curious since you said you have tried iui before. Thank you for sharing, today is my first day on this site & am excited to hear other people's stories & we can keep each other positive through all of this :)

Marie may I ask you how low your hubby's count was? My hubby has a low count due to child hood illness/ so that is the main reason why I know it is low. I just was curious since you said you have tried iui before. Thank you for sharing, today is my first day on this site & am excited to hear other people's stories & we can keep each other positive through all of this :)

From all I've read and heard 3 IUIs is the magic # they recommend. I've heard some drs will try 6 but the chances of pregnancy from IUI #4-6 are greatly reduced and so a lot of places don't feel it's worth it to go beyond 3.
My hubby did 2 SA and the first one was 8.5 mil count with 30-40% motililty & morph. The 2nd was 15 million with about the same motility & morph. My doctor said he is happy he is producing sperm at all so we do have options although getting pregnanct naturally with his counts would be "a long shot." Usually what you read will tell you that IUI is not recommended for low sperm count but drs usually think it is worth it to try 3 and see what happens since it is possible and there are some success stories. My 3 didn't work and we are heading for IVF next month. I feel it was worth it though to take a chance of doing it less expensively & less intrusively which you will find the IUI to be. If you go under success stories, there is a woman that got pregnant from an IUI with a 1.2 mil post washed sperm count which is truly a miracle. It gives us hope. Good luck to you and keep us updated. Are you taking Clomid?

I go for my first sometime this week. So I hope to be lucky. I have unexplained. Both my husband and I are really fertile (yeah, I laughed when the MD told me that). We have been TTC 16mo

I have had succes, but it was the 4th round of clomid/IUI not the first. We were unexplained. I think it's pretty rare to have success with the first try, but I have seen it happen. There was someone on the 35+ board that conceived from her first IUI.

I am currently doing IUI again, but I'm now 10 years older and DH has half the count and motility than he did when we had our successful cycle. I'm on femara/IUI cycle #3.

Good luck.

I conceived my daughter with IUI.

I had 7 mature follicles, 6 million washed sperm. :)

I am in my second IUI cycle right now. We have a great group of ladies doing IUI for the first or second time in the following thread https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...anuary-february-updates-page-1-five-bfps.html We always welcome more!!

Does anyone know how many tries a dr recommends iui? We are going to try for our first time next month. I want to stay postive and not think its not going to work, but just wanted to hear It from anyone else that has had the iui. Also is it common that they freeze some sperm then combine it with fresh? They froze 12 ml of my husbands and then going to combine it with a fresh sample. Not sure if this is common or not. Thanks

First I have heard about mixing fresh and frozen :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->