Would ovulation tests let me know if I am pregnant?

suzan

Reaction score
Am 8dop today and dont have HPT. Had only one OPK so I have been reading that it can detect pregnancy though it doesnt seem right.

OPK was negative.. I am not pregnant? :cry:

It can yes BUT well after a hpt would give you a positive.
You need quite high levels for an opk to pickup pregnancy.

Thank you Arcanegirl. It does make sense!

I Wouldnt Have Thought It Does As An Opk Tests Specifically For The Luteinising Hormone While A Pregnancy Test Tests For The Hcg Hormone

I cant remember how, but an opk can pickup pregnancy, you just need high levels for it to work.

OPK's as HPT's:
using an ovulation test to confirm pregnancy

Overall-- yes, it can be done. Ovulation predictor tests (known as OPK's because they are normally sold in a set of tests known as a "kit," thus the K) will show a positive result when a woman is pregnant, as well as when she's ovulating.

Specifically-- while it works most of the time, there are good reasons to avoid using an OPK as an HPT for diagnostic purposes. If you want to pee on any stick that will stand still after you know you're pregnant, just for fun, have at it. But I would not recommend using an OPK in place of an HPT overall.

Reasoning-- OPK's detect LH (luteinizing hormone) which is the hormone associated with ovulation. Pregnancy tests detect hCG, the hormone associated with pregnancy. LH and hCG are, at a molecular level, nearly identical.

Source: https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

Fingers crossed for you. You are still early in your cycle. Your best to wait until you are closer to CD28. I know the 2WW sucks but hang in there, you'll only drive yourself mad and spend loads on Tests ;)

Hi Suzie!

You are only 8 days post ovulation. Some pregnancies can only be detected by even hpts after AF is due. Don't worry, the next few days will go quickly.

I tested with OPKs inbetween my 100+ hpt tests :rofl: And very strong, stronger result than i ever got for detecting O day when I used them lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->