Would social services pull a trick like this?

Alyssa Drough

Reaction score
My 7 year old niece has been through SS and the courts before. Her mum was a heroine addict who was involved with dealers and her dad (my bil) managed to get full custody.

Last week my bil's girlfriend took my niece to the doctors with a bad chest (which is normal for her with bad asthma) but she had a black eye from falling and hitting her face on the bedpost.

Apparently after the drs appointment she got a phone call saying you need to take her to hospital for a blood test cos she might have meningitis!

Now when they got to hospital, they basically said it was just an ambush by social services who wanted to question them about the black eye and apparently even strip searched my niece to check for other injuries.

Now to me something is missing from this story. They're basically saying SS used the meningitis thing as a trick to get them to the hospital and that the doctor tipped them off.

I just don't know what to think.

no i dont think they would. They WOULD tell them that they had to goto the hospital for checks etc BUT i do not think they would use an excuse like that. They would just say outright why the child is to be taken

Like you say... it seems something is missing from this story xx

They'd probably ask you to go hospital but they wouldn't scare you with something like that. It's not an 'ambush', it's just trying to do right by the child and they don't 'strip search' they merely have to check a child all over for bruises and marks which indicate abuse. If she has a history then they are more likely to want to check these things. I really hate it when people put health and social professionals in a bad light, like they are sneaky/manipulative. They are just trying to do the best thing for that child.

I call bullshit.

Health professionals would absolutely not say she's at risk of meningitus to 'ambush' them to going to hospital.

Also, I agree with steele, they do not 'strip search' a 7 year old, they are checking her body for injuries in relation to a facial bruise, especially because she has had a turbulent past.

Someone isn't telling you the truth, it is not social services fault for investigating her.

I'm relaying the story as it was told to me. I know my bil feels the ss are out to get them and that's how they described it.

I totally understand that with her history they'd want to check on her.

I think it's the part about the gp and the meningitis that makes no sense. With her symptoms there was no way a dr would have thought meningitis. What bugs me is that it seems like my bil's gf got a phone call where the word meningitis was used and she didn't go to the hospital straight away because she was 'busy'. I don't even know why he wasn't there but I do know when they got to the hospital he stayed in the car with their younger son while the gf took my niece in.

I definitely think they're twisting the story to make out the dr and ss were out to get them.

Honestly if social services wanted to check up on her they would have just turned up at the house...

I was 'ambushed' by SS after a neighbor complained following a retracted complaint from MIL (who fully admitted she lied)

they showed up a 11pm at night with no warning, searched the house and then proceeded to contact my sons health visitor, doctor and hospital records

they got a perfect review from the HV

nothing from doctor except that my son had had a reoccurring stomach bug for 2 months which was fully investigated

and one hospitalized accident that had been deemed an accident and elective tests due to a genetic predisposition for deafness

the final report came several weeks later when everything was drop as a 'malicious complaint' and their only concern was my son 'had too many toys which could cause a tripping hazard if left out' which is a non issue really

but they can be sneaky... I mean who does a spur of the moment house search at nearly midnight?

I'm relaying the story as it was told to me. I know my bil feels the ss are out to get them and that's how they described it.

I totally understand that with her history they'd want to check on her.

I think it's the part about the gp and the meningitis that makes no sense. With her symptoms there was no way a dr would have thought meningitis. What bugs me is that it seems like my bil's gf got a phone call where the word meningitis was used and she didn't go to the hospital straight away because she was 'busy'. I don't even know why he wasn't there but I do know when they got to the hospital he stayed in the car with their younger son while the gf took my niece in.

I definitely think they're twisting the story to make out the dr and ss were out to get them.

That sounds a bit fishy...if I got a phone call that my daughter may have an inkling of ANYTHING, i would have taken her back in imediately...and why would your BIL stay in the car? Hmmmm....something doesnt add up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->