would they give me one?

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
hi there :)

i have had two babies, 1 dd who was born at 42 weeks weighing 8lb15nhalf by forceps and epsiotomy. after her birth every stitch came undone, and i was stuck in bed for 5 months, with a massive infection. i had no energy, and was in pain 24/7 :cry:. i didnt heal properly, and ended up with a hole and alot of muscle showing ect.
i then fell pregnant with ds, 10months after dd. i begged and begged for a csection but the refused, instead they induced me at 39 weeks as ds was showing big, they thought a 10lber.
so i gave birth natural, only gas n air to my bouncy 9lb6oz baby boy. i had a huge tear where i was already open. i was in so much pain i refused stitching. ended up not healing at all. so my floo was even more awful looking, and very pain ful! i couldnt walk far as it ached, and sex was off limits, as i couldnt feel anything.

so i ended up having a repair operation last year. was under GA for an hour n half cutting scar tissue/muscle out and fixing everything. its now near enough perfect apart from abit sore still.

i pushed for 3-4hours with both babies. ds did get stuck, and i could feel his sholders right on my hip bones, so i know if i have anymore babies they will be bigger, and i honestly think they will get stuck. will they honeslt put me through giving birth again and undoing my surgery instead of a c-section?

its one of the things that puts me off having anymore tbh

Hm I'm not sure hun but i wouldnt count on it if they wouldnt let you the second time but then again now youve had surgery to repair it maybe they wil think differently.

Is there anyway your GP could put you in touch with someone at the hospital to discuss your options before you decide whether to have another or not?

Our hospital has a consultant midwife who deals with things like this. I made an appointment to see ours and she retrieved my notes from 11 and 14 years ago, went through what happened in my labours and told me my options for the future. Maybe you could try and find out if your hospital provide this service?

if you are based in the UK, the latest version of the NICE guidelines which came out in about Sept 2011 say that women should be given elective CS if they request one. Previously you had to demonstrate a medical or psychological need in order to get one on the NHS (there's a phobia of childbirth thaqt i think is called tokophobia)

Given the horrific history you've written about i would have thought you'd have been MORE than eligible for baby no2, but as the guidelines have changed since i would think you certainly are now. I printed the guidelines, read them and went to see the consultant armed with them in my bag and ready to quote chapter and verse, but he basically agreed straight away i could have one if i wanted one.

Good luck

wow that was rough they refused you a C-section the second time around after what you went through :hugs:
it depends where you live but in most countries now you are entitled to a C-section if you had a very traumatic or bad labour with tears that required surgery and so forth. I would look around for a decent midwife and a doctor and possibly even a psychologist to discuss your fears and off course what happened to you.
My current midwife is not opposed to C sections and in your experiences she would have given you one the second time round so I really hope you can see a better midwife and talk with your doctor about what has happened because noone should have to go through what you went through :hugs:

yep print the nice guidelines out and highlight the part which states women will be offered an elective section x

Thanks girls. I'm kind of glad I went natural 2nd time as first I haf epidural and didnt feel anything 2nd time didnt have time for it, so I wouldnt of been able to sit still for it if I had an emergency csection! It hurt alot but I do reckon he was lucky not to get stuck as I had spd to and couldn't open legs wide. I'm just glad I has my op when I did! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->