• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would this make me high risk?

Cherrybomb143

Reaction score
I am 4 weeks 5 days pregnant!

I had been on the Paragard IUD (copper) for one year. I then took it out on October 6th. I got pregnant on October 15 and got my BFP October 30th?

Since the paragard thins my uterus lining will that make me more at risk for a MC? :cry:

I am wondering if I will be higher risk because:
-Getting PG right after Paragard removal
-Had hypoglycemia last pregnancy (Low blood sugars)
-Past MC

I have my appointment on NOV 12th...

Any advice or answers? :thumbup: Thanks!

I am 4 weeks 5 days pregnant!

I had been on the Paragard IUD (copper) for one year. I then took it out on October 6th. I got pregnant on October 15 and got my BFP October 30th?

Since the paragard thins my uterus lining will that make me more at risk for a MC? :cry:

I am wondering if I will be higher risk because:
-Getting PG right after Paragard removal
-Had hypoglycemia last pregnancy (Low blood sugars)
-Past MC

I have my appointment on NOV 12th...

Any advice or answers? :thumbup: Thanks!

Firstly, I don't think the copper coil has ANY hormones to thin the lining?
I understood it to be purely a copper coil to stop the sperm reaching anything.
IF I am correct then there is no reason it should thin the lining therefore you should be safe.

Secondly, judging by your photograph you look fairly young, not that I am suggesting age is an issue but your body will be much more fighting fit etc.

Thirdly, congratulations on getting pregnant so fast after the removal.

Fourthly, each pregnancy is different, so even if you have the same person Fathering the baby each baby and pregnancy is different. In one pregnancy you may suffer horrendous Morning Sickness for instance; and in another you'd get away with it.

Also, how far were you with your past miscarriage?

Personally, I wouldn't class you as a high risk for miscarriage. Sure a little increased risk based upon and ONLY upon the previous miscarriage.

I'm pretty sure the copper coil doesn't use hormones.

Either way, try not to stress yourself over a miscarriage. Stress will induce a miscarriage, I know I've had 6 now.
Each time I am pregnant I worry with every slight pain and flinch from my tummy. Each time I am petrified I am going to miscarry, you just have to lift your head up, deep breath and think positive!

Best of luck

:D Thanks for the reply.
You are correct in that the Copper IUD doesn't have any hormones.
The thing is that the copper thins the uterine lining so it prevents the egg from attaching. It actually doesn't repel sperm in anyway :/ Weird right?

I am not that concerned that I will MC really.. More just want some experience with this topic.. I hear of many girls losing the baby after the Paragard.

I had two early MC before my 1st successful baby girl. So, it was quite some time ago.

Thanks for your advice! :thumbup: It was helpful! Have a great pregnancy!

The thing is that the copper thins the uterine lining so it prevents the egg from attaching. It actually doesn't repel sperm in anyway :/ Weird right?

I am not that concerned that I will MC really.. More just want some experience with this topic.. I hear of many girls losing the baby after the Paragard.

I had two early MC before my 1st successful baby girl. So, it was quite some time ago.

I had the Mirena coil in (against my better judgement) and that has hormones in. I had heard it had a successful rate of 99.9%.
I was the 0.01% that actually managed to fall pregnant and miscarry on it.
When you say two early miscarriages, are we talking about 4,5,6 weeks pregnant?

I had the Mirena coil in (against my better judgement) and that has hormones in. I had heard it had a successful rate of 99.9%.
I was the 0.01% that actually managed to fall pregnant and miscarry on it.
When you say two early miscarriages, are we talking about 4,5,6 weeks pregnant?

I had a couple missed MC. Around 5 or 6 weeks.

Hi hun congratulations, i cant help on much but wanted to say i had suspected gestational diabetes (they left it too late to test me) with my 2nd pregnancy, i know my blood sugars dropped because my ex husband is diabetic so i used to do my bm's when i felt 'low' and my baby was quit big he was 9lb 6.5oz, but i never had it with my last pregnancy or my first pregnancy, so i wouldn't worry too much just because you had hypoglycemia once doesn't mean you will get it again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->