Would u donate milk??

I would and I have. The woman I helped had a daughter who had health issues and she vowed to get her Breastmilk instead of the formula she had been getting. I was her fifth donar and her daughter was thriving on it. HM4HB is a milk sharing site. It is not like the traditional milk banks out there, the testing that is done generally isn't, and at the most it is nice to simply receive storage bags in return to replace the ones given. Most people fill out diet/medication/history info for the one receiving. There is an assumed risk, but the benefits outweigh that risk in most cases. Some people donating milk prefer to have the recipient sign a waver so they feel more comfortable.

If I Can I will because I want to give back.

My son received donor milk while we were in the hospital until my milk came in and then to top up until I was producing enough for him.

Being prem it was important to me for him to have something gentle on his system.

Ladies who donate do a fabulous job. In my mind it is up there with blood donation.

I donated all my frozen milk, about 50oz to a lady and her baby through human milk for human babies, it was such a lovely feeling to give my milk to a mum and baby in need :)

I also would have donated regularly but the closest milk bank to me was too far and they turned me down :(

Xx

I am planning on donating once my supply increases a bit more and I am no longer taking an antibiotic for the mastitis I had recently. I think it's a great thing to do for other mothers who don't make enough of their own and don't want to supplement with formula. I have always had a really good supply, so I see no harm in sharing it :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->