Would u let your child play violent video games?

^ Yes. I am more worried about an addictive personality and my kid playing nonstop, than violence at this point. I don't allow my OH to play violent games in front of my LO, so its not really an issue in my house, and probably won't be for years to come. Right now, I just have a daughter. We will see how it is with a son!

Trust me a having a girl doesnt mean she wont be interested :) I raid in online games and often used to take part in tournements with shooting games like counter strike, halo, doom and tekken.
I used to love going to exabitions as a kids to see all the latest pc and gaming technolegy, im just a techy geek :)

Am I sensing a World of Warcraft player here?

Alliance or Horde? - This will determine whether or not we can actually be friends. :haha:

^ Yes. I am more worried about an addictive personality and my kid playing nonstop, than violence at this point. I don't allow my OH to play violent games in front of my LO, so its not really an issue in my house, and probably won't be for years to come. Right now, I just have a daughter. We will see how it is with a son!

Trust me a having a girl doesnt mean she wont be interested :) I raid in online games and often used to take part in tournements with shooting games like counter strike, halo, doom and tekken.
I used to love going to exabitions as a kids to see all the latest pc and gaming technolegy, im just a techy geek :)

Alliance or Horde? - This will determine whether or not we can actually be friends. :haha:
both actualy :)
Mostly Alliance though as Horde was just too ugly when I used to play it :) and I gave up when my belf got to about 40

Mostly Alliance though as Horde was just too ugly when I used to play it :) and I gave up when my belf got to about 40

Haha, I've dabbled in both as well. I switched my lvl 80 dk (back in WotLK days) from human to belf and hated how dinky the armor looked in comparison. When I switched back to Alliance side, I went draenai because I was so tired of doing the macarana.

Haha, I've dabbled in both as well. I switched my lvl 80 dk (back in WotLK days) from human to belf and hated how dinky the armor looked in comparison. When I switched back to Alliance side, I went draenai because I was so tired of doing the macarana.

Haha
https://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/123/5a1a1b31182b4ac0b572a629c798d28a/l.gif
Thats my little char at lvl 60 in her slutty outfit for dancing on the stormwind fountain pre BC days, only way to celebrate kicking ony's butt :haha:
never did get one of her when the caps went up

My husband is a huge gamer and this issue is a constant argument between the both of us. I am on the side that kids shouldn't be playing video games much at all and would really prefer not at all, and certaninly not violent ones. I much prefer kids using thier own imaginations, playing outside with friends, and enjoying life. Too much now these days more and more parents are using computers, televisions, and technology to babysit and raise thier kids rather than doing it themselves. While my husband seems to think that there is no issue at all because a kid should be able to differentiate between real and fake. Whether they can or not I don't think should introduce things like this to kids. These days parents seem to want their children to grow up so much sooner, and when that happens the child loses much in life as I see it. If I have anything to say about it our daughter will be growing up in much the same manner that I did and not be introduced to things like this till much later in life because there is no need for it, it serves no purpose, and it destroys your childrens inocence and way of thinking. But this is just my opinion.

Agree 100% :flower:

Not that I don't agree that parents should foster the development of their children's imaginations, posts like the above make me wonder if people think the only video games that exist are Halo, Call of Duty, Dead Rising, etc. There are a lot of child appropriate games. And there are some benefits to video games as well. (https://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/10_Benefits_Of_Video_Games.html)

It's kind of how I view tv. Television programs can be educational; both violent programs and an excess of television can be detrimental.

I realize that there are child education games out there. But the gaming and telivision both will be limited in my house for my child. Of being only about 1 hour or so of either television or game. The only exception is if we did a family movie night or somethign along those lines then would have more time allowed. The rest of the time will be spent reading a book, playing outside, drawing/coloring, playing board games, playing with toys, etc. What I meant on my comment was that way too many parents these days use these things to babysit their children for them by turning on the tv and plopping kid in front of them and that be it. I am even seeing kids watching tv in cars, in restaurants watching movies and playing games. It is very disturbing in my mind. This in no way develops a childs mind. I am 110% against this type of raising.

i would but i would need to review it first and make a desicions based on if i think its ok, but that also means in LO is 7 and a game is rated for a 7yo but i dont think its suitable for him yet then i wouldnt let him play it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->