would you attend a baby shower on father's day?

rhii

Reaction score
My mom and some frienda aare throwing me a shower and they booked this hall for June 16th 1-3pm. I don't think they realized that was father's day when they made the reservations ... should I expect a good portion of those invited not to come because of this?

I would not like if my husband left me for an all guys event on Mother's Day! So i would not go if invited that day....

I run into this every year with my birthday and my daughters birthday falling on holiday weekends. Honestly I would see if you can switch it.

This sucks... they already paid for it. I'm not the one who set it up as they're throwing the shower. I don't think they can switch now... :( none of us realized it was father's day until now.. OOPS:(

Probably not, but I would still get a gift. We almost had it on father's day but realized it was father's day and bumped the baby shower to two weeks earlier. (Needed to work around my mom's sch.).

If my hubby was working then yes. Or i would pop in for awhile:)

I probably would. We don't really do anything specific on those days anyway and rightly or wrongly Father's Day doesn't have the same significance as Mother's Day really.

I feel Father's Day had just as much significance as Mother's Day...it's always been a big deal with our families

I feel Father's Day had just as much significance as Mother's Day...it's always been a big deal with our families

I didn't say it was right that mothers day has more significance but I work in that field and numbers don't lie.

Fewer people but gifts or send cards. Very few restaurants advertise special menu's. In fact on Mother's Day you will struggle to find a table for lunch if you haven't made a reservation. Father's Day is just like any other Sunday.

I just feel that for the OP, some on the people she's wanting to invite won't even know that the 16th is Father's Day and therefore won't have a problem attending the shower.

Ive been with my husband for ten years, as long as i spend part of the day with him, he wouldnt mind me going:) hell he worked on mothers day!

I wouldn't unless my husband was scheduled to work that day..

I would attend as it is only a couple of hours in the afternoon... Still leaves time for a breakfast/morning visit or a nice dinner and evening :)

I would, I'd just make sure to acknowledge/celebrate Fathers Day at some point that day - or on Saturday instead if scheduling worked out that way. So long as papa's acknowledged I don't see a problem with going to another event for a couple hours.

My mom and some frienda aare throwing me a shower and they booked this hall for June 16th 1-3pm. I don't think they realized that was father's day when they made the reservations ... should I expect a good portion of those invited not to come because of this?

I'd still come, its only 2 hours out of the day.

Would a possible workaround be inviting the men to come too? Maybe not ideal, but for those who really don't want to leave their men behind it could mean the difference between going and not going!

No sorry.

Fathers day is very big in my family and it includes all dads, grandads & great grandads. I don't forget the day, just like I'd never forget Mother's Day.

I would go. Father's Day is for my husband and the kids, not me, he's not my father.

My friend had one of her showers (bridal or baby, can't remember) on Father's Day and I remember a lot of people didn't come and some people I spoke to were annoyed. I went because A. my dad lives in another state and B. my husband wasn't a father at the time (still isn't 'til this one comes out!)

I think it's really going to depend on the time you have the shower, but you'll definitely get lower attendance.

I felt bad because my shower ended up being on Memorial Day weekend for my bridal shower (Saturday, so still two whole days to do family stuff, but still) and then my wedding was 4th of July weekend, but neither of those seemed to affect attendance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->