Would you be concerned about this bp?

shx

Mummy to Amelia. TTC#2
Reaction score
Hi,

So i went to my 40+2 app on tuesday and my bp was 125/85 and the midwife sait it was ok. Apart from my booking in app where my bp was 120/75 my bp has always been around 105/70-110/70 and never any higher.

On Wednesday evening i started to feel a little unwell with a headache and went to bed assuming i was just tired through not sleeping too great. Woke up at 5:30 thursday morning with a really awful headache that just wouldnt go away with paracetamol and drinking lots of fluids. I text the midwife to explain and she checked me bp again at 4pm thursday and it was 130/85 so a little bit higher again. She wasnt concerned as there is no protein in my urine and said to ring the hospital if i feel worse.

Yesterday i felt ok and had a few tightenings last night but have woken up again early hours of this morning and cant ahift the headache and generally just feel abit off! Have taken paracetamols and drank 3 pints of fluid in the last 4 hours. Would u ring the hospital? Im seeing my consultant on monday to make a plan for induction due to my bmi and the me doesnt think the consultant will want me to go the 12 days over before induction.

Sorry for long post x

When I asked the midwife (as mine had gone up) she said 120/80 is normal (my booking in was about 90/65... it had crept up to 115/80).

She also said they look at the bottom number and as long as it hasn't gone up by more than 15 (or thereabouts) they are not concerned. Hopefully that reassures you a bit.

xx

P.S. Just seen you're 40 weeks - I think it goes up at the end a bit for most ladies given the extra fluid and swelling it makes sense you're body is working harder... protein in the urine is a more important symptom if your concern is pre-e. xx

I think you're okay. Headache could be due to hormones. They don't consider it high till it's over 140's and that's only if it stays that way. Or continues to go up. It will be a bit higher since you're further along :)

Thanks ladies! Im just going to take it easy and hold out until my appointment on monday i think x

Probably not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't leave it over the weekend. Headache and swelling can come on before protein is spilled or bp sky-rockets. Preeclampsia is nothing to be messed with and I'm sure it's better to be safe than sorry. It drives me nuts that no one takes it seriously and literally within one hour I went from ok but with a bad headache, to uncontrollable vomiting, shaking, and near blindness. Had I not gone to get checked out when I did, my son and I would have died.

They really don't care about the top number, but your bottom number has increased*a lot.

It doesn't hurt to get checked. Preeclampsia can come on very suddenly and your symptoms are warning signs to me.

I've been having my BP monitored lately and my doctor advised that it should be under 140/90 to be considered normal. I don't think your numbers are concerning but your headache not shifting doesn't sound good at all - my doctor said if I have a headache that won't go then I HAVE to call her ASAP or if I swell a lot, I would be inclined to get checked out just for peace of mind if you can it could just be things kicking in as your in the final stretch :thumbup:

What they worry about is if the bottom # is over 90, and over all they do want it below 140/90.

With you as far along as you are, and that you are still under 140/90, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

But if you are worried call your doctor. It's better safe, than sorry.

I agree that the headaches are a potential warning sign too. Better to be safe than sorry, I say. No harm in being checked xxx

With dd2, headache was my 1st sign, bp was high but not too high, but mw sent me to be monitored anyway, within a couple of hours, my bp had gone to 180/102 and was rising and plus 4 protein, i was 40+2, please get checked out just to make sure all ok xxx

Just seen the rest of the posts. Still have headache this morning after drinking lots of fluid yesterday and also feeling really sick. Havnt been sick and dont know if im just anxious about labour or something but i generally just dont feel well! Will give the hospital a ring shortly. Thanks everyone x

Probably not what you want to hear, but I wouldn't leave it over the weekend. Headache and swelling can come on before protein is spilled or bp sky-rockets. Preeclampsia is nothing to be messed with and I'm sure it's better to be safe than sorry. It drives me nuts that no one takes it seriously and literally within one hour I went from ok but with a bad headache, to uncontrollable vomiting, shaking, and near blindness. Had I not gone to get checked out when I did, my son and I would have died.

They really don't care about the top number, but your bottom number has increased*a lot.

It doesn't hurt to get checked. Preeclampsia can come on very suddenly and your symptoms are warning signs to me.

i was at my mw on a thurs an bp no higher 120/70 on sat went into labour an turned up hosp bp of 170+/110 i felt fine i did have bad headaches throught preg but they knew that, there was also no protein in urine on the thurs. i was told bp 130-140/80-90 is border high an they want + protein in urine too. At my 28 week apoint this preg my bp was 138/88 (thts fone nurse says), i did feel litle weird at time, urines sample was fine. My bps been 1 no higher 120/75 an am high risk but still werent concerned an my consult is talkin puttin me under just mw care if all ok 36wk sccan. Am 34+1, bp at 32 wks was 133/78. Like others said its the lower num they worry most about. Deffo keep buggin mw if headaches dont shift hun an your full term so should induce now. Take care

Iv rang the hospital and theyv asked me to go in and to take a bag just incase. Hopefully it will be nothing to worry about but ill certainly feel better for putting my mind at rest if nothing else until i see the consultant tomorrow. Thanks for all your advice ladies

Best to get checked over if the headache isn't shifting. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->