Would you buy this for a 3/4 year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
Opinions? My LO loves the look of this but do you think it's too young for him?
Trying to decide on his main present either this or my first scalectrix xx

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I would, especially if you think he would like it. However if it was that or the scalextric i would go for the scalextric! Only because they control that whereas the little people one is rather limited as you don't control the cars as such.

My DD is 4 1/2 and still loves her Happyland stuff she's had for a couple of years so i don't think the Little People one would be too young for him.

I had a similar one and they loved it initially and it then collected dust, id go for scalextric , I think it's more exciting and will last!

Thanks girls i'm tempted to go for the scalectrix as daddy can join in too! xx

I haven't tried either, but that tower looks a lot of fun! I got my then 3 year old the elc garage and spiral ramps for christmas last year, and he plays with it a little, but mostly he and his little sister race cars down the spiral ramps, so I think they would both love this! Having said that, that game never lasts long before they're moving on to something else. Check reviews on the scalextric - I have heard they are very prone to the cars coming off, especially at high speeds, and I know there's no way Hayden would 'get' slowing down for corners - it'd be full speed all the way! But maybe the 'my first' takes that into account, as it's meant for younger ones?

We have a similar little people ramp and i have just put it for sale on Facebook - my lo is only 2.5 but since he has moved onto matchbox type cars his bigger plastic cars don't get a look in, also he like to control where cars go now (so loves his car rug and wooden garage) and this directs the cars down the ramp so is play is fairly limited.

thanks kwood don't think i'm going to go for it as i know he probably won't use it as much as i think he would. still not sure on the scalextric either as the first one hasnt got the best reviews x

I'd maybe be look for a more grown up type garage. I think the sceletrix could be a 10min wonder.
DH has a little people garage he inherited and a little people farm neither get much of a look in. He's more interested in matchbox/ lighting Mc queen cars. Planning to put the little people stuff away for now.

My DS is almost 4 and we have got him a Scalextric because he loves playing with the one at grandads house. I was going to get the 'My First Scalextric' but DH pointed out the reviews were not very good and there was a proper Scalextric on offer for half price (think it was reduced from £80 to £40). I figure if he isn't 100% able to play with it straight away, he will learn and it is something he and daddy can play together too.

X

I have two fisher price garages that are gathering dust, neither boys look at them. Might actually sell them now you have reminded me. In saying that my cousin loves cars and racing and didn't look st his scaletric after Xmas day last year. He's 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"