Would you call your baby Jimmy Carter?

t33cup

mum of one and expecting
Reaction score
I went to visit my mum and she randomly said that her uncle Jim had been on her mind funny as ive been remembering him a lot lately too. my mum was adopted and 'uncle Jim' as we called him was one of the first biological family members we had contact with and we all loved him, he sadly died a couple of years ago, but I can honestly say he was one of my favourite men :) Im thinking of calling my baby Jimmy after him, definitely not James, wasnt sure about Jim, but Jimmy, it made me smile rightaway. OH also has an uncle he loved with that name. His last name is Carter, so it would be Jimmy Carter which brings me to the second part of my question
Im vaguely aware of a resident called Jimmy Carter, wiki tells me facts but not necessarily how he was percieved, although it sounds good you dont know? So anyone who has an opinion on the name or the president Id like to hear from. You wouldnt want to call your kid anything with any negative connotations, so checking it out first. Thanks xxxxxxx

Go with what ever you feel comfortable with.... maybe you could use it as a middle name if your not totally comfortable. I think its a lovely gesture though and it works for both families, if your happy to it and it means something to everyone then i wouldnt worry about other people think or people who may have had that name etc.... Its about you and your baby xxx

xxx

i think since your in the UK you dont need to worry about a former US president , and you can use a middle name too to avoid the issue

well thanks for the responses girls, I know this is UK but I think most people with a bit of intelligence have heard of most of th US presidents..was just curious to know if there was anything really negative, so I assume its fine on that score.

I wouldn't. He was one of the most useless presidents of recent times. Same as I wouldn't call my son George if my surname was Bush.

I wouldn't. He was one of the most useless presidents of recent times. Same as I wouldn't call my son George if my surname was Bush.

He's done loads of international and domestic humanitarian work since his time as president and even won the nobel peace prize! (although I guess he didn't accomplish much as president. But he's well regarded internationally for his work since that time.)

Plus, it's a cute name :)

I have heard a little about this, and thats what i was after some info on, if hes generally thought of as a right idiot so it wouldnt be nice to call your child that, or if its maybe not so bad since he didnt do anything out and out prickish as arguably Bush did,wasnt Jimmy Carter just accused of being a bit 'too nice'? Im asking about it as I odnt really know..

Oh, he was was no George Bush, and no Richard Nixon either! He was a Washington outsider, which is a big reason why he was elected (post-Watergate), but it meant in practise he didn't play the system effectively. He was indecisive and insular and suspicious as a president, refused to work with interest groups or Congress, thus didn't get a lot done, and was generally regarded as ineffective.

But he was definitely seen as sincere and honest - another reason for his election. And since leaving office he has achieved a lot and is now highly regarded. I've never heard anyone criticising his character as such, rather his presidency. :)

Oh, he was was no George Bush, and no Richard Nixon either! He was a Washington outsider, which is a big reason why he was elected (post-Watergate), but it meant in practise he didn't play the system effectively. He was indecisive and insular and suspicious as a president, refused to work with interest groups or Congress, thus didn't get a lot done, and was generally regarded as ineffective.

But he was definitely seen as sincere and honest - another reason for his election. And since leaving office he has achieved a lot and is now highly regarded. I've never heard anyone criticising his character as such, rather his presidency. :)

Ahhthats nice to know :) thankyou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->