Would you? Could you?

booflebump

Mummy to Toby
Reaction score
Now, I know the majority of us are lucky to have great OH's (whether they are willing to ttc or not) and look forward to being a family but heres a thought....

If you werent in a relationship, but really wanted a child, would you go down the sperm donation route or become a sperm bandit (casual relationships to get pregnant)???

xx

This is something i've thought about too. My answer is that if i was in my 30s and still had no OH or LO then i'd probably consider a donor xx

I wouldn't do it because I don't feel like I could raise a child on my own. I don't have any nearby family that could help me out and I feel like having at least one other person to share the responsibility with makes a huge difference.

When i was single, me and a male friend made that a pact that if we were both single and childless by the time we got to 35 we were gonna have a baby together. Thank god his missis is now pregnant cos i couldent bare the thourght of shagging him, let alone having to do it.

yeah I think I would definately consider doing this. ALthough If I'm not in a relationship at 30 and haven't had a baby by that age, I will be freezing my eggs and going down that route. I heard that your eggs start to deteriorate (If thats the right word to use - I couldnt think of another one,) when you turn 30!

I would also consider being a surrogate mum if I was lucky enough to have a family when I'm 35ish. Random I know!

xxxx

oh i would defo be a sarogate mother and kinda gutted i cnt actually do it as i have c-section and my next child will be my third so anymore would pose a health risk to me although a forth isnt impossible so i like to think i may be able to in years to come with alot of advice before hand it has to be the greatest gift u could ever give 2 people x x x

that was my plan anyway hahaha Come hell or high water, i'm going to be a momma someday!!

funny enough (in a sick, causing-me-to-literally-become-depressed sort of way, i might need a surregate someday T-T)

I'd consider the sperm donor route if I was getting on and needing to try soon! I don't know if I could be a surrogate, only if I was literally just carrying it, and it wasn't my genes.

Yeah I would, if I was older and I had the money to bring up a child on my own. I admire people who do do it :D xxx

I'm lucky to already have one child but knowing how long that took I wonder how these people go out and have one night stands and get pregnant? I wouldn't hesitate to use a donor and we also considered adoption which is still a possibility.

I probably wouldn't. I don't just want a child to call my own. I want a family to call my own. With a mom and dad and lots and lots of love.

And some ladies mentioned being a surrogate. I thought about this. And it sounds lovely. But there are 2 things that would get in the way. First if I didn't like being pregnant (due to m/s, or what have you) then I probably wouldn't' want to be pregnant over and over again. And secondly, I think I would become emotionally attached anyway because I'm such an emotional person.... and that would be hard to let go of.

I don't think I could because it is hard work raising a child and I couldn't imagine doing it on my own. Plus they cost a lot of money, my mom had to work two jobs so that my brother and I could play sports and have a house to live in.

i had my son on my own cause his dad did a bunk (even though we had been together for 3years) but if it had got to a point i was on my own an i had no children i woul have gone down the sperm doner route! but i am now happily married (not to my sons father) and i would not be able to be a surrogate cause i am far to emotional bout everything!

I always said I'd get one of my best mates to be my kid's dad if no-one else came along (I wasn't expecting anyone else to want me in that way...) I have three close male friends....thinking about it...I wouldn't want ANY of them to be my kid's dad now!! :dohh:

xx

if i was 30 and was single, i would use a egg donor and wouldnt mind raising the child by myself, cause i think i would have enough to raise a kid by then comfortbly by myself and not relying on anyone.

i think if i hadn't been so very lucky and blessed to have maddilynne and james, then maybe yes in years to come i would have gone down the sperm donor route. though i don't think i could say a definite yes or no unless i was in that situation x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->