Would you do OBEM?

giddypenguin

Reaction score
So apparently they are filming One Born Every Minute at 'my' hospital when I'm due to give birth....

Would you do it?!!

Not my cup of tea, its my first and I want as few people as possible as its mine and hubby's special moment. :/ everyone is different I suppose

I would!! Labour all kind of blurs once baby is in your hands and I can't really remember any details. I wish I had it all recorded so I could watch it back

noooo way lol, virtually everyone I know watches it, and I would rather keep the experience between me and hubby lol

Not a chance, I dont even like hubby seeing my bare butt stuck waving in the air :)

I was asked to be on second series as they were filming at my hospital. I declined. I'd love to see my first labour as I don't remember much but unfortunately millions of other people would see it too and that's not something I'd like!

I really don't know whether to do it or not! It would be fantastic to have a record of what happened, and be able to see our child come into the world again and again - but the potential for embarrassement is huge!

But on the plus side you are guarenteeing that you'd get the best possible care... and it could be fun!!

Nope, not my cup of tea, I know of someone who did the first series and they actually edit things a lot as well so things appeared one way but were totally not like that in real life.

Nope, not my cup of tea, I know of someone who did the first series and they actually edit things a lot as well so things appeared one way but were totally not like that in real life.

It's the editing that would put me off. They are creating TV for the masses and editing so that people get talked about (like the silly dad with the glove balloon).
I have no doubt that if they were to show unedited highlights the programme would be a lot more boring.

I personally wouldn't as it's just such an intimate moment that I wouldn't want millions of people watching. I'm a very shy, private kind of person as well so definitely not my cup of tea.

But if it's your kind of thing then go for it. Everyone is different and it's a really good programme. I've learnt so much from it :haha:

I think we are leaning more towards not doing it... it was fun to think about for a while though!!

I would just so everyone could see how 'helpful and supportive' my husband is novelty has worn out 5th labour - have to ask where you are or is it classified?

I would! Lol but I can totally understand why most people would say no!

id do it if nobody got to see it :haha: so in that case I guess no, I wouldn't lol!
however I do really enjoy the series when its on, so im very grateful for the people that DO go ahead and do it :) x

I would just so everyone could see how 'helpful and supportive' my husband is novelty has worn out 5th labour - have to ask where you are or is it classified?

I'm in Bristol - you could make the trip up! :)

It would be so much fun to watch it back - and I'm sure my husband would come out looking very good, he's very supportive, but maybe that's why we wouldn't be picked, they want strange/funny couples who bicker and make good TV. I think we would be very boring!!

I couldn't do it! I'd hate everyone I know to watch it! I want to feel at ease and relaxed, I don't think I would feel relaxed if I knew my labour was going to be on channel 4 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->