Would you dye your hair to please your oh?

C

Ceejay123

I've recently changed my hair - multiple times. The first time, brown with blonde highlights, my other half loved it.

Now it's blonde, he hates it! (Everyone else likes it)

Ill post some pics when I'm home.

So, if your other half really didn't like your new hair colour, would you change it? :)

No if I like it then no as its my hair x

Probably not no, I like your blonde hair! My OH didn't want me to go blonde and I did :D xx

I would possibly, depends on whether I spent a lot of money on it and how much nicer I felt it was though. He knows how much I find shaved heads unattractive so keeps his hair long for me, even though he finds it a pain.

No I don't think so. It's hard though, isn't it. Once I got my tummy pierced just to please a guy, didn't even work :dohh:

I like to have OHs opinion on stuff like this, which can affect my decision. However, in the end I make my own choices. But I wouldn't not dye my hair a certain colour just because he doesn't like it!

I want to say no, because your blonde hair is lush. Is he mad?

But I have dyed my hair because he has said he doesnt like it before. I mean, he wasn't forcing me but I thought he may have a point - he's normally right. I'd normally stubbornly keep it before dying it a few days later.

He's now put his foot down and said I've never to change it from pink now :rofl:

He doesn't control what I do of course, not with my hair, but he's honest when other people wouldn't be.

If i did a drastic change and he hated it i would take his opinion into consideration.

Though i dont think he would be brave enough to tell me he hated it lol

I wouldn't change it because my OH told me to, no. BUT if I knew my OH really didn't like my hair it would put me off of it. I like to know my OH finds me attractive and his opinion is more important to me than other people's. I probably wouldn't feel as good about myself if I knew my OH didn't like something but I wouldn't be told what to do. I'm lucky though my OH seems to love everything I do.

I don't know if that makes any sense? I'd find it really tough. I suppose it would depend how much I liked it.

If it was just him saying he didn't like it and to change it then no but most times I know he would only say something if he really thought it just didn't suit me so that would change my opinion of it.

He has hinted in the past how he would like my hair a certain way and I did it not so much to please him but more to treat him if that makes sense.
He has a thing for dark bobed in hair like uma therman on pulp fiction.

My OH is wise enough to know to say its nice when I get it done! :haha:
He has learned well being in a house full of ladies.

I'm sure he would tell me if it was really bad. Then, if I agreed with him I would get it done again...only if I agreed it would be better though!

It's your hair Hun, have it how you are happy.

Xx

I want to say no, because your blonde hair is lush. Is he mad?

But I have dyed my hair because he has said he doesnt like it before. I mean, he wasn't forcing me but I thought he may have a point - he's normally right. I'd normally stubbornly keep it before dying it a few days later.

He's now put his foot down and said I've never to change it from pink now :rofl:

He doesn't control what I do of course, not with my hair, but he's honest when other people wouldn't be.

Haha awh thank you! It's growing on me haha. Yeah he likes me as a brunette... But did like my hair best brown with blonde highlights like my avatar.

He hasn't told me to change it, he wouldn't dare lmao! It's just hinting... 'Its nice, but it's not really you... You're my little brunette' 'you look good, but you looked better with it before' lmao. X

If I liked it, no. It's my hair :L I prefer OH with short hair but he's growing it and I'm just used to it now but I do tell him I think he should cut it if he asks. I know he won't though, he likes it long and it doesn't bother me tbh, it's up to him.

It might just be because he's not used to it?
I find my OH looks weird when he shaves after ages and I think he looks weird and about 10. But it's only because I'm not used to it :haha:

It depends, I wouldn't get something done that I wouldn't like myself - but I would let hubby influence my style within the range that I'm comfortable with.

He used to get his hair cut really short so he could go as long as possible between cuts, but I kept moaning that I liked it with a bit of length and didn't like the short boyish look. Now he always keeps a bit of length for me. It's nice to try to look attractive for each other, I love him and fancy him whatever and vice versa but it's nice to make the effort.

So long as it's not a control thing I think it's fine for him to say what he does/doesn't like. It's equally fine for you to stick to what you want to :)

^ as long as its not a control thing then defo. I always take into account what oh likes, he does the same. I thought about cutting my hair short a few years back, he said he would prefer me with length, so I kept growing it, still am as it seems like my hair NEVER grows. He doesn't have much facial hair so when it does grow it feels funny, so he keeps himself clean shaven, I think he looks nicer that way. He says he would like me red but I'm not too sure, that's it.

Possibly. I've had a range of hair colours from blonde to red and all in between. I've been red for a while and getting bored of it, and if I could afford it I want to be blonde again, however I've shown him pics and he hated it!! So I prob would never go blonde because how attracted he is to me is important. However I have said that once I can afford it I want the ends dip dyed so I've hot some blonde in it!

Definitely not! My DH has been nagging me to cut my hair short again for years now because he likes it better, but my hair is long and staying that way for the foreseeable future

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->