Would you go on holiday to Turkey?

Pearls18

Reaction score
We've been before years ago, it's a good location for us as it'll be hot in May and it's better value for money. However, my husband doesn't want to go with recent events (his chain of command have advised against travel to Turkey, anywhere) I also worry about the stability of the booking if something was to change in travel status. Would you go or is it a no go for you?

I really wouldn't, I no so many people will say it's fine but personally I think I would find it hard to relax.
Have you thought of Gran Canaria/Tenerife/lanzarote? They are all really warm in May.

I had this conversation with my mum Saturday. She had been looking and seen how cheap it was to go to turkey and having been before we know how lovely it can be. But even knowing that I wouldn't go. I just couldn't relax properly and it's probably naive because these things can happen anywhere but the price of the holidays speaks volumes really. I'd rather pay extra and feel safer, even though it wouldn't necessarily mean I was safer iykwim. Each to their own though and I can understand why people are going. Realistically the chances of anything happening are low but they are higher there than many other places. Pre being a parent I probably would've gone because if anything happened to me then, well, nobody was relying on me anyway so who cares. I think differently now I'm a parent. X

Yeah I know the prices say it all really :( it's such a gorgeous hotel, but yeah it's a different kettle of fish when you're taking kids, just need others to say it! I'm a big believer in "not letting them win" but I suppose it's one thing carrying on with your daily business vs booking somewhere that is at risk. Will probably stick to Costa de la Luz.

No I wouldn't go. My dad goes to Turkey fairly often but he has forbidden me from going and I trust his opinion on these things.

We opted for Kos, being so close to Turkey I'm assuming the weather will be good :)

Glad you found somewhere you're happy with

I wouldnt but MIL just got back a week ago and said it seemed totally fine just a bit quieter. Id still be wary purely because of the kids

Such a shame as it's such a beautiful country, hope I can take the kids one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->