Would you let another woman breastfeed your baby?

TrixieLox

Reaction score
My friend just sent me this story from the Daily Fail about the growing trend of women using 'wet nurses'. What do you think?

I wouldn't feel comfortable with it! I know it's the way it used to be done but I'd get jealous, someone else having that bonding opportunity. If I can't breastfeed, I'll use formula.

Of course, have no problem with donated milk for premmies etc. I just mean the physical act of my baby latching onto another woman.

Nooooo! I read the article as well and I'd get really jealous too. It's such an intimate thing! I wouldn't mind selling my breast milk though to hospitals for premie babies.

If I couldn't afford formula and couldn't breastfeed myself I guess it's an option... though I'd probably ask the wet nurse to express her milk so I could bottle feed baby rather than watch her breastfeed my little one.

I'm all for donating breastmilk for preemies and SCBU babies but I couldnt let another woman physically breastfeed my child. I see nothing wrong with it, but it goes past my comfort zone.

No no no! It just seems weird to me! Not as weird as the woman who breastfed her dog, but still weird, lol.

No no no! It just seems weird to me! Not as weird as the woman who breastfed her dog, but still weird, lol.

What the ....... Breastfed her dog?????

I think it is very odd. Would you pay for a hooker for your hubby if you couldn't sleep with him? lol!

Hahah ^^^ a hooker is a tad different lol but no I couldn't let someone bond with my baby like that... Nope nope nope

That dog thing was a whole different level of wrong lol I would the same as others donate my breast milk to nicu but nobody would ever get near to my baby to feed it x

What the ....... Breastfed her dog?????

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/18/terri-graham-breastfeeds-dog-picture_n_1977649.html

I agree with everyone else, donating and using donated milk is fine, but actually breastfeeding someone elses child just seems weird to me!

Wouldn't bother me.

Human milk is human milk regardless off the owner of the breast its coming out of. It's just feeding a baby.

Five days after I was born my mother's best friend gave birth to her son. They would take turns breastfeeding both us. If my mom wanted to get out a bit, she would leave me with her friend and the friend would feed us both if we were hungry. Likewise, if the friend needed to get out for a bit, she would leave her son with me and my mom, and my mom would feed us both.

It's obviously a slightly different situation than what was described, but I always found this to be quite special even though I have no memory of it. I feel a special bond with both my mom's friend and her son to this day.

Given that, I would certainly feed someone else's child, especially if it were someone I was close to. But, to be honest, if I couldn't feed my own, I'd probably have insecurity issues with someone else feeding him/her. I think I'd prefer to do what others have said -- get milk from another woman and bottle feed.

If I had a preemie and bottle fed yes but I wouldn't let someone else physically breast feed my baby, I just feel that it's a bond reserved for mother and child. But that's just my opinion!! :) xx

If that was the only way to feed them, then yes. And yeah it would bother me simply because I want to do that.

Omg...I saw the topic of this tgread and had an immediate flashback. I just had to share because...well...Im more or less scarred for life lol
Long before I met DH I was in a relationship with another guy. We had been togrther for 4 years and so I thought I had gotten to know his family quite well. They seemed nice...and normal...coupdnt have been further from the case.
His cousin had just given birth to a little boy about two weeks before. Absolutely adorable...so my ex's mom...we'll call her Petunia for arguments sake...asked me to come visit the new baby with her. Sure!! So off we went.
When we got there the baby was asleep. The new mother had been having issues getting him to sleep so when Petunia asked if she could hold him...mum said "as soon as he wakes up you can...Ive had the most awful time getting him to sleep!!" So sure...mum walks into the next room to let her hubby know that we had come to visit. Doesnt Petunia cover the babys nose to wake him up! WTF right!? Well it gets better folks...
Of course baby wakes up...and by now mum and hubby are in the room. Mum sees baby has woken up and true to her word...hands her to Petunia.
Well...Petunia kind of...sits there...staring at the baby for a few min. Looking at him kind of funny. Mum says to her..."something wrong???" Petunia replies "no no...nothing wrong..." and as she BEGINS TO PULL DOWN HER SHIRT...FLOPPING OUT A 65 YEAR BOOB...says "its been so long since my boys were this small...I breast fed all three. I miss it...I miss that feeling...would you mind if I gave it a try???"
Right then he hubby tosses his cookies and mum says "Wtf!?!? Time for you to go!"
Here I am all along...an innocent and extremely shocked bystander. I think my jaw actually hit the floor!!

I wouldn't be able to let another woman breastfeed my baby, no way!
I would however donate breast milk for preemies etc at the hospital, but that's obviously completely different x

It's a Daily Mail article, so DR, but if I couldn't BF for some reason or other for a short period of time, I wouldn't have a problem with another woman nursing LO.

It seems just like another DM article which judges mothers for all of their actions and jumps at the chance to talk about breasts and how weird women are who do/don't do certain things.

I'd be way to jealous to give that experience to someone else. However I do donate my milk to preemies now, but I donate it in bottles and they are fed through a tube so slightly different! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->