Would you let another woman breastfeed your baby?

Yes I would, not just any random woman off the street, but I have friends that I would be more then happy to have feed my baby if for some reason I wasn't there to do it.

Put it this way, I'll be breastfeeding this baby, and I would rather another woman feed if needed then have my baby scream from hunger, or be force fed formula... not all babies used to being breastfed will take a bottle.

I have a very big close family (200+ at last reunion) that and all the cousins tend to have babies at the same time, 3 of us are due in august.

When I was a baby, if my mum wanted to go out or something I would stay with one of the cousins and they would feed me.

We also have a bit of a problem with overproducing, when the women in my family are around babies their milk drops straight away - so even when weve not had a baby we make milk its really weird.

....and as she BEGINS TO PULL DOWN HER SHIRT...FLOPPING OUT A 65 YEAR BOOB...says "its been so long since my boys were this small...I breast fed all three. I miss it...I miss that feeling...would you mind if I gave it a try???"
Right then he hubby tosses his cookies and mum says "Wtf!?!? Time for you to go!"
Here I am all along...an innocent and extremely shocked bystander. I think my jaw actually hit the floor!!

OMG I have NEVER heard anything like this!!! What.the.actual.f**k?

I dunno...as an anthropologist (which I am) my brain knows that women have been breastfeeding each others' babies since the beginning of the human species in non-western societies (and still do) but as a mom, my heart gets a little cringy. Odd though, the thought of breastfeeding another woman's baby out of necessity doesn't bother me in the least. Strange, really!

I feel the same, it would be too hard to see another woman bf my baby, but i wouldnt mind bf a baby in need:)

I would happily breastfeed someone elses child and i would happily take expressed milk, but I really dont like the idea of someone else actually feeding my child from the breast. I guess i wouldn't like feeling like they were taking my role away from me, or that they may bond more with my baby. Thats not to say I wouldn't consider the option if I had to, but I would hope i never had to make that decision tbh.

no, personally i think its quite odd. i dont think id be jealous, but in this day and age formula is so good i dont understand why anyone would go for that.

no, personally i think its quite odd. i dont think id be jealous, but in this day and age formula is so good i dont understand why anyone would go for that.

Im really not wanting to start a FF vs BF debate, but this is so far off the mark. The list of benefits from Breastfeeding are endless- benefits that you can not get through formula. I'm not saying Formula isnt ok, because I have had to give formula in the past, but to say that you can't understand why people would opt for Breastmilk even if it meant donated breastmilk is a little ignorant.

I agree with you, I dont think your being Ignorant at all.. Its either my breastmilk or Formula

I woyld not at all mind my lo having someones elses bm, from a bottle, it being screened first of course! If donated milk was readily available why would you choose formula?

Im really not wanting to start a FF vs BF debate, but this is so far off the mark. The list of benefits from Breastfeeding are endless- benefits that you can not get through formula. I'm not saying Formula isnt ok, because I have had to give formula in the past, but to say that you can't understand why people would opt for Breastmilk even if it meant donated breastmilk is a little ignorant.

im talking about another woman breast feeding my baby, not the breast milk itself! i think its pretty strange to have another woman actually breastfeed someone elses baby. So yeah, i dont get why anyone would choose another woman to breastfeed her baby over giving the baby formula?

I'd be too jealous and would pay for expressed breastmilk (if I could afford it) instead. I would do it for someone else though; bit of a double standard but it's not so much because I feel it's weird more than I'd just be extremely jealous.

im talking about another woman breast feeding my baby, not the breast milk itself! i think its pretty strange to have another woman actually breastfeed someone elses baby. So yeah, i dont get why anyone would choose another woman to breastfeed her baby over giving the baby formula?

Because the benefits still apply whether its donated milk or straight from the breast. Breast milk is breast milk, thats why some women would choose another woman to feed their baby over formula.

" but to say that you can't understand why people would opt for Breastmilk even if it meant donated breastmilk is a little ignorant."

i never said that though did i? the question was, Would you let another woman breastfeed your baby? so my answer was to that. never said anything about donated breastmilk!

Omg...I saw the topic of this tgread and had an immediate flashback. I just had to share because...well...Im more or less scarred for life lol
Long before I met DH I was in a relationship with another guy. We had been togrther for 4 years and so I thought I had gotten to know his family quite well. They seemed nice...and normal...coupdnt have been further from the case.
His cousin had just given birth to a little boy about two weeks before. Absolutely adorable...so my ex's mom...we'll call her Petunia for arguments sake...asked me to come visit the new baby with her. Sure!! So off we went.
When we got there the baby was asleep. The new mother had been having issues getting him to sleep so when Petunia asked if she could hold him...mum said "as soon as he wakes up you can...Ive had the most awful time getting him to sleep!!" So sure...mum walks into the next room to let her hubby know that we had come to visit. Doesnt Petunia cover the babys nose to wake him up! WTF right!? Well it gets better folks...
Of course baby wakes up...and by now mum and hubby are in the room. Mum sees baby has woken up and true to her word...hands her to Petunia.
Well...Petunia kind of...sits there...staring at the baby for a few min. Looking at him kind of funny. Mum says to her..."something wrong???" Petunia replies "no no...nothing wrong..." and as she BEGINS TO PULL DOWN HER SHIRT...FLOPPING OUT A 65 YEAR BOOB...says "its been so long since my boys were this small...I breast fed all three. I miss it...I miss that feeling...would you mind if I gave it a try???"
Right then he hubby tosses his cookies and mum says "Wtf!?!? Time for you to go!"
Here I am all along...an innocent and extremely shocked bystander. I think my jaw actually hit the floor!!

.....But....she didn't even have milk! EWWWW that sounded perverted honestly. WTF is wrong with people.

I don't think I would feel comfortable having someone else BF my child unless it was expressed and put into a bottle (and only if I could NOT do it and would NOT go for formula). But, for me this would never be an issue because ALL my kids have been formula fed and they're all fine. :) I don't see anything wrong with formula.

" but to say that you can't understand why people would opt for Breastmilk even if it meant donated breastmilk is a little ignorant."

i never said that though did i? the question was, Would you let another woman breastfeed your baby? so my answer was to that. never said anything about donated breastmilk!

It was the 'formula is so good' that you couldnt understand why people would do that comment i was refering to. Just because its not something you would choose- you can surely see why others would?

Because the benefits still apply whether its donated milk or straight from the breast. Breast milk is breast milk, thats why some women would choose another woman to feed their baby over formula.

But to let another woman actually breastfeed your baby, to me, its just not right! Yes by all means use donated and feed through a bottle if breastmilk really means that much to you, i do get that, but to actually let another woman breastfeed your baby... Formula is good, its a great alternitive when you dont want to breastfeed or just cant, formula cant be so bad that you would let another woman breastfeed your baby? i think its odd thats all. But each to thier own and all that, none of my buisness what others wanna do :)

It was the 'formula is so good' that you couldnt understand why people would do that comment i was refering to. Just because its not something you would choose- you can surely see why others would?

No, i cant see why anyone would want to let another woman breastfeed thier baby i really cant. another womans breast in my babies mouth when there is no need for it, formula is good enough, and i think my baby would benefit far more frm me feeding him formula than another womans breast in his mouth just cause its breastmilk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->