Would you tell everyone at 8 weeks if you'd seen HB???

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Got a scan next Monday and will be 7+6, if all goes well do you reckon it's still too early to announce pregnancy to the world??

Turn 12 weeks on NYE and no ones gonna be interested then lol and god knows how long I will have to wait for a scan over Xmas period?!

I personally chose not to tell anyone because last time after our first ultrasound we told everyone because there was a heartbeat... turned out we had a missed miscarriage, but those aren't very common... you gotta do what's best for you!!! Afm we will tell everyone on Christmas Eve, I'll be exactly 15 weeks and will have had the 12 week scan and I will check heartbeat on my Doppler right before telling them!!! All the luck hun, and if you want to tell everyone then go for it : )!!!!!

This is your moment of happiness... Yes it sounds like your ready to announce! I personally couldn't wait to tell everyone and screamed it from the roof top on my BFP home test. I didn't care about the whole wait rule in case it doesn't turn out well. I figured they are my family and should share in my joy of the moment! Enjoy

I don't have a problem telling people straight from the get go. After all the only reason to not tell people is because if something goes wrong then you have to tell them that too. I don't think miscarriage should be taboo and therefore don't see the point in keeping things a secret to everyone early on.

That said some people are harder to "untell" than others. Close friends and family were a great source of support during my last miscarriage, so no issues telling them early. I also made sure my daughters nursery knew early on as I feel they need to know if something is going to effect her emotional well being.

People it was harder to untell were those I didn't see often, my estate agent did a house check early on in my pregnancy and saw the pregnancy tests so she knew, but it was quite awkward when a couple of months later she asked how the pregnancy was going. Also people like Sure Start staff that knew I was pregnant before the summer holidays and then I had to go back and tell them after the 6 week break what had happened.

So I don't think there is anything wrong with telling people pretty early on. But some people are harder to untell than others.

I'm 7 weeks and everyone at my work knows! As I told a close friend at work and he was crying with happiness and someone overheard and now everyone knows! Plus the manager let it slip to everyone else!

To be fair they are all very excited its all positive vibes. :)

Go ahead if you feel it's right!!

I had 8 week scans with both pregnancies and they say once you see a hb at 8 weeks there's only a. 1.5% chance of miscarriage. BUT at my second 8 wk scan there was a heartbeat but baby was measuring v small which led to a missed miscarriage.
I'd say if there is a heartbeat AND baby is measuring near enough right then go for it . If not exercise some caution xx

I've just had a 10 week scan today and we have told our nearest and dearest. We've had lots of losses as well as one Daughter. Today it just feels right.

I say do it when it feels good for you to; that time varies between people.

I personally have always told everyone soon after i have a Doctor confirmed blood positive (and a select few when I get a bfp home test). I have had one miscarriage (my first pregnancy), but I am terrible at keeping most things in and it was unable to deter me from telling early on there after.

I was thinking this, however we want to tell our close family on Xmas day I'll only be 8+4 but were gonna tell everyone else after our scan.

It's personal choice Hun xxxxx

We told people a few days after we found out, I was a little over 4 weeks. The one time we wanted to wait to tell people, I lost it, very early on though. It's really down to whether you and your other half feel ready to tell people.

My OH and I have kept things secret. He did tell his mom after we bad our 12w ultrasound. So I told my mom.

But we tell the rest of the family on Thanksgiving Thursday and the 29th.

Then once family knows, I'll send text to friends.

Then announce it on FB.

I had a scan at almost 9 weeks (8+6) and told people after that - yes there is still a higher miscarriage risk than after 12weeks but it is still very low at that stage (less than 2%) so I took the risk.

With my last pregnancy that we lost at 5+1 we told everybody as soon as we found out because we were just so excited, but this time I didn't want to have to go through anything like that again. We are almost 7 weeks now and only extremely close family knows simply because I have been so sick and I am considered a high risk. Things are going well so far, and at christmas we will be almost 12 weeks so I think we will be announcing to everyone around that time. Its to each his own though, whatever you are comfortable with is good.

The FOB and I went public with our pregnancy after the first scan. I was 9 weeks then. The heartbeat was strong and everything was healthy so we decided to share our big news. We had shared with immediate family shortly after I found out at about 5 weeks.

If you feel ready to announce, go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->