Would you tell people at 8 weeks if youve had a scan?

Mummy of Ange

Reaction score
Im having a bit of a dilema.

Ive got my first scan tomorrow, which im terrified about, but i have had a few losses (1 at 24 weeks and two at 6 weeks), hence the reason for the scan.

Ive got my Xmas party a week today with work, and they are going to question why im not drinking. They will not believe me if i say im on antibiotics or im driving etc.

I was thinking if all is ok at the scan tomorrow, I would you tell them next week that im pregnant or is it still too early?

I will be 8 weeks on Monday. x

its whatever you feel comfortable with hun, i personally am not telling anyone until after my 12 week scan but thats just me x

like pegi said its totally up to you. Personally we have told my mum and my SIL and thats it so far but will be telling my dad and MIL when we see them next but everyone else we will be telling after the 12 week scan xx

I only told my mum, dad and step-dad. But then my step-dad was abit excited and told my Aunty who then told the rest of my family and i am only 5 weeks lol

Both are families know, immediate family only but nobody else.

Will see how I feel after the scan x

We told immediate family and our closest friends after our scan. I had to tell my employers and co-workers early on because I work at a veterinary clinic and there are occupational hazards. I think you should do whatever you feel most comfortable with. Maybe they won't even notice that you aren't drinking alcohol. You could also order mocktails that look like they would be alcoholic. Good luck, whatever you decide!

9 weeks tomorrow and it's getting harder and harder not to just blurt it out to everyone.

I've gotten pretty used to just avoiding situations that could bring up the topic.

But I'd go with either you're driving or antibiotics, and then sip on something all night. Hot chocolate, soda, water...

It's completely up to you if you want to tell. We ended up spreading the news sooner with #2 because I've had such bad morning sickness...hard to pretend you have the stomach flu for three weeks straight!

After you see the heartbeat, your risk of mc drops to about 5% (depending on age), so I felt pretty secure spreading the news.

It's completely up to you if you want to tell. We ended up spreading the news sooner with #2 because I've had such bad morning sickness...hard to pretend you have the stomach flu for three weeks straight!

After you see the heartbeat, your risk of mc drops to about 5% (depending on age), so I felt pretty secure spreading the news.

How far along were you with your first scan?

I told loads after a scan at. 9weeks.

At my 12week scan I was classed as high risk for a chromosome anomaly and am going to be having more invasive tests. The support that I have gained from these people has been invaluable - we are currently living in a new country with no family nearby.

Last pregnancy I didn't get a 12 wk scan, I had one at 8 wks to date me then nothing till 20 weeks so I slowly started telling people shortly after it!

If your not 100% comfortable telling them could you not order your usual drink with out the spirit?? Or Becks do an non alcoholic beer that tastes quite nice?

Do what makes you most comfortable x

I told our parents pretty much straight away, then had a reassurance scan at 7 weeks so told work then.

At 7 weeks they couldn't get a very good picture so invited me to come back 2 weeks later (private paid for scan).

That was yesterday and I've now publicly announced it! As someone else said once you've seen a viable pregnancy and strong heartbeat the risk of miscarriage is reduced.

Xx

How far along were you with your first scan?

I was 8+1 for my scan. And the little bubbs looked awesome! :)

My first two I told people right away (I work in a risky job and had restricitions so didn't like the ideal of telling work and no one elese).

My third one was a different story. My dad had just passed and it was in the summer so work load was very light. I also had general anesthesia before we knew I was pregnant so I waited until 9 weeks to tell even work. I told a few people but asked them not to say a word about it as I was extremely nervous.

i'd just get a tonic with lime or something so people don't see you NOT drinking something. I think that's what I'm going to do tomorrow at my husband's party. I always have the excuse that i'm breastfeeding, too, in case someone has the nerve to ask but i don't know anyone that well.

I've had two miscarriages and a 27 weeker. I chose to tell at my early scan, I thought, I have dealt with rough stuff before, so I want to enjoy this pregnancy as long as possible, however short that may be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->