Would you think i was being unreasonable ?

cs22

Mum and ttc# 2
Reaction score
My OH family. Only certain ones though are really horrible. Its little things that i hate though. The fact that when OH told them we were expecting there was no congratulations from them even though they knew we were trying. They actually shouted out that, "You cant do it" "NO" "You' ll never manage" "OMG youre stupid"
When OH rings them up they are happy to talk to him but as soon as he mentions, "Not long now and i will be a daddy" they want to get off the phone immedialy. There not interested but make out to the rest of the famiy they are.
Another thing too, when OH rings them they never once ask how i am, never. They ask OH how he is, they ask how the dog is ..........thats it. They dont care bout me in the slightest, never ask how i am at all. Never mention baby at all. I wouldnt mind i have been nice to them always, give then no reason to dislike me. OH asked them recently "do they like me" they said "no" over and over. Aaaarrrggghhh

Now because there was other nicer family members there they have INVITED us down for christmas. When they were not looking she was giving me dirty looks. They can sod off. Were spending christmas this year at my mums. Whether they like it or not. They did it purely for appearances sake to make them look good in front of other family. They dont care the slightest about baby at all.

Do you think im being unreasonable ?

No way are u being unreasonable they sound awful :hugs:

Hell no. That sounds awful, I don't blame you at all for not wanting to spend time with them. Why put yourself through that. X

no not atall hun, sounds like there not nice people. Im sure when the babies here they will wanna no the baby, but if there not going to be reasonable to you then just stay clear of them. Atleast uve still got ur family to support you.

Sounds like my OH's family, they really are a horrid piece of work. But thats totally out or order hun, what reason do they have not to like you? what does your OH think, he must be ashamed of his family for being so awful. My OH got so fed up of it all the other week had a huge argument with his mother about it all and now there not speaking, which is not great, but they never really spoke all that much anyway, and the family never really cared about us having this baby even tho we have been trying for some time and already lost two. Whats more important to them is OH's sister who is pregnant for the second time, and decides to be pregnant at the same time as me (4 months behind me) but I haven't kicked a fuss up about that! Familys are so difficult at times, you are not being unreasonable! x

They are really crafty though they will make out to everyone they are really excited and then moan at OH for mentioning baby to them. They've said "I dont want to hear this right now, got more important things to think about" The cheek of it. Do you know what that important thing was, She then said, " Im watching Eastenders"

Just because OH is really excited about baby. But OH wont say anything to them because he says they have helped him so much in the past. I completely give up x

We tried for three years for this baby and we couldnt be happier. They are just horrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->