Would you use hotel babysitting?

Natsku

Reaction score
The hotel we're going to next month offers free babysitting during the day in their Children's Centre (big indoor playcentre), would be so nice to have a few hours adult time knowing that Maria is having fun but I don't know... its in Estonia so don't know what their standards are like although it seems like a very nice hotel, mostly catering to Finnish and Russian tourists.

Have you looked online/TripAdvisor to see what other parents have said? I think it's probably a good idea to decide when you get there - have a look at the facilities and see if you like what you see and if it gives you a gut feeling.

^^ I agree with above. I'd definitely try to gain a feel for it before you decided either way. I think it's a good age if so though as Maria can tell you how it is and whether or not she likes it.

Personally I wouldn't but that's only because there's only a handful of people I let look after my LO's but I know people who have and have said they've been fab and that their LO's have loved it! I agree with the above comments, I'd probably see when I got there and ask to go and have a look around and get a feel of the place/talk to staff first :)

Yeah I'd definitely get a feel of the place before deciding. My plan is to take her there and play with her, let her get used to the place and get to know at least one member of staff, and then if she feels comfortable then I'd leave her and go relax in the (adults only :D ) spa.

I've had a look on tripadviser and there isn't much said about the babysitting service, just that its a really great place for kids.

I would take no comments as a positive, if parents used the childcare service and had a bad experience you can be sure they would have mentioned it.

^ I agree. I find people are more quick these days to throw up the negative reviews over the good ones (which is a shame)!

We just did a marriage retreat at a resort back in August and had to use the resort's childcare while we were in class. Most of the childminders were fine, but one of the older ladies actually made fun of DD crying when we dropped her off because she didn't want to be separated from us. The fact we were technically at a military function is the only thing that kept me from losing it. I left a complaint though, and probably won't use that type of service again!

Yeah totally. We used the kids club last year when we went to Tunisia and Joel adored it. Gave him a chance to meet others his own age, rather than hang out with us all day.

It is like a childrens club during the day with other children rather than a come to your room type of thing?

If so yes we do - we always go to a htoel in tenerife that has a kids club for 90 mins every day and DD goes (since she was 4) and DS will next year. I really like the people who run it though (they are around the hotel most of the day)

It is like a childrens club during the day with other children rather than a come to your room type of thing?

If so yes we do - we always go to a htoel in tenerife that has a kids club for 90 mins every day and DD goes (since she was 4) and DS will next year. I really like the people who run it though (they are around the hotel most of the day)

I guess its more like a soft play place which is supervised by staff but not an organised club. Probably like the children's area in Ikea. You just drop off and pick up whenever you like throughout the day or stay there with your kid.

I wouldn't, but we're very fussy about who we leave Jacob with. It's only ever my family or school. When we're on holiday we like to all stay together.
Agree with the other ladies though, suss it out and if all seems safe go for it :).

I reckon Maria would get bored with the spa stuff after a few hours plus I really want to check out the adult only spa. Oooo and maybe get a massage. Oh the possibilities....!

Me personally wouldnt. Specially in a different country. You hear so many things, it would be hard for me to trust anyone.

We always go on holiday on cruises so a little different but on the 3 we have been on since having Charlotte we have always used the childcare function at some point during the holiday. I see it as no different to putting your child in a private nursery, especially as all the child staff on cruises have nursery experience and are vetted the same way. I've no idea how it would work in Estonia but if I researched and was happy with the checks I'd be in that spa like a shot ;) Charlotte has always loved the clubs and the staff have been amazing!

I would. I try to be easygoing with Lucas so as not to transfer my anxiety to him (though it's not easy - he's off out for a friend's birthday next week without me for a whole day and I'm TERRIFIED). If it's like a big soft play though I really don't think I'd be too concerned, I mean if I take him to soft play normally I could easily not see him for a good hour or so until he wants something from me.
Obviously go in and check it all out before you leave her there, make sure there's no way for kids to get out on their own etc but I'm sure it's all fine. As a PP said, people are much more likely to share bad reviews than good so the fact there's nothing been written about it is actually good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->