Woven Wrap or Soft Structured Carrier Recommendations

Alyssa Drough

Reaction score
My DD is 6 months old and around 8kg.

I've been using a stretchy moby but she's getting a bit big, plus in the summer heat it's not practical.

I tried a cheap mei tai but it just doesn't feel tight enough round her back and shoulders no matter how much I tighten it, and she always moans when she's in it.

I'm looking at either a woven wrap or an Ergo, but the problem with woven wraps is finding a decent, reputable company. There's a lot out there but I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a good quality seller. I've looked on ebay but it's difficult to know sometimes if they're decent and of a high standard.

I'm in the UK by the way.

Anyone heard of the company name Didymos? They're a seller of woven wraps on Amazon. Anyone know if they're any good?

I'm in Canada but through Facebook I found a local baby wearing group and they have a library of different ring slings, soft structured carriers and wraps that you can borrow for a week and then give back before you buy. It's been a god send for me as I'm trying to make the same choices you are. I have a ring sling out right now that I'm in love with but am going to try one with a padded shoulder before I buy.
Try a Facebook search in your area with the term 'baby wearing' ect.

Didymos is one of the big brand names, I have a cotton one that I really like. Have you tried looking at babywearing retailers that stock a variety of brand name carriers? https://www.slingheaven.com has a good range. It'll give you a starting point for things to look for. However, you do miss out on WAHMs doing that - don't rule them out just because they're not 'brands'. Try joining some of the babywearing Facebook groups or somewhere like Natural Mamas and see what people are liking.

Try the facebook group "Babywearing FSOT" out of the UK. You can find quality carriers there inexpensively. Little Frog, Colimacon et Cie (C&C), and Lenny Lamb are really affordable options. Check out the seconds section of Natibaby as well. I had a Little Frog, which I got for $45 and it was awesome! I once also found a really nice size 6 Natibaby for 50 euros in their seconds shop, and it didn't have one flaw.

Thanks ladies. I found a Natibaby for £59.95 so went for that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->